• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

2/24 is a big music day for me:

2/24/74 - The Dead play an absolute burner of a show at Winterland. Great set list consisting of a pretty tight 1st set and a beautiful, exploratory second set. We've got a great soundboard quality record as well.

2/24/75 - Led Zeppelin release one of my favorite albums, "Physical Graffiti" which I think really captures them at their peak creativity.

2/24 is a big music day for me:

2/24/74 - The Dead play an absolute burner of a show at Winterland. Great set list consisting of a pretty tight 1st set and a beautiful, exploratory second set. We've got a great soundboard quality record as well.

2/24/75 - Led Zeppelin release one of my favorite albums, "Physical Graffiti" which I think really captures them at their peak creativity.

2/23 and 2/24 from 1968 make up Dick's Picks 22, from Lake Tahoe. The Viola is the best I've ever heard, unquestionably.

this goes so much harder than your average dead tune, jerry was absolutely NOT fucking around

2/23 and 2/24 from 1968 make up Dick's Picks 22, from Lake Tahoe. The Viola is the best I've ever heard, unquestionably.

I will check that out.

The whole '71 run at the Capitol Theater that covers these dates is great as well.

This is tight. I've probably posted this before, but I love this interview w/him: https://www.furious.com/perfect/rlburnside.html

"(Interrupted by the same employee passing through.)

RL: You ain't got no tomato juice do ya? I like to make me a Bloody Motherfucker, ya know. A lot of people like to drink a Bloody Mary. When I go to a bar they say, "don't you mean a Bloody Mary?" And I say, "no I'd rather have a Bloody Motherfucker!" Tomato juice and Old Grandad. Cookin' with gas now.

(I proceed to mix RL the first of many Bloody Motherfuckers.)"

This is tight. I've probably posted this before, but I love this interview w/him: https://www.furious.com/perfect/rlburnside.html

RL: You ain't got no tomato juice do ya? I like to make me a Bloody Motherfucker, ya know. A lot of people like to drink a Bloody Mary. When I go to a bar they say, "don't you mean a Bloody Mary?" And I say, "no I'd rather have a Bloody Motherfucker!" Tomato juice and Old Grandad. Cookin' with gas now.

His wiki page really escalated quicky:

Three years after coming to Chicago,[12][17] Burnside went back south. He married Alice Mae Taylor in 1949 or 1950,[20][21][19] his second marriage.[9][n 3] He moved several times in the 1950s, between Memphis, Tennessee, the Mississippi Delta and the hill country of northern Mississippi.[22][8][23] During his time in the Delta, he met bluesmen Robert Lockwood Jr. and Aleck "Rice" Miller.[9][10] It seems it was around that time that Burnside killed a man, possibly at a craps game, was convicted of murder and incarcerated in Parchman Farm

His wiki page really escalated quicky:

Did you happen to catch the reference for that particular fact lol. What a character.

About the incident he would recite, "I didn't mean to kill nobody. I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head and two times in the chest. Him dying was between him and the Lord."

Any Bjork fans on here? I somehow had never listened to Debut until this week. What a poppy, accessible record.

I am thankful for the Sopranos, as it introduced me for the first time to RL.

Since Bobby finally got free. Look forward to his forthcoming album.

I'm more of a fan of The Sugarcubes than a Bjork fan. Similar to Phil Collins with Genesis.

Mentioned this on the old CT before Brasky robbed it, but this song will just straight up wreck your day.

Mentioned this on the old CT before Brasky robbed it, but this song will just straight up wreck your day.

Something about his voice coveys such vulnerability. Bright eyes’ album Lifted from ~2002 is among my favorite albums ever. It really slaps.

Back