• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Car Seat Headrest and Twin Peaks on tour together. Two of my favs.

New music and video from Will Oldham:

Last edited:
Damn, no kidding. I enjoyed this set, which was nice because no way I was going to drop triple digits to see them live. Oh well, one of these days, maybe. I like the Wolf Bros set up, though.

they played here last night and the setlist looks great, but most everything I've heard from this band has been terrible so I opted out, especially since tickets were so expensive. I've heard a few songs with Warren or Trey or Mayer sitting in that have been good, but the trio format doesn't really work here.

My Cali trip to meet Dawg is probs off due to Corona. Dang. I guess that's the right call. I don't know.

Anyway, it was Doc Watson's birthday the other day, so here is some Doc from the record my job put out. And some Doc and Dawg.

This record is so pure.

Doc and Dawg from Stefan Grossman's Guitar Workshop (another collection I've picked up -- Grossman's an interesting cat).

Great version of Doc doing this on the Live at Club 47 recording. He heard it from brother Pete originally. What a song.

they played here last night and the setlist looks great, but most everything I've heard from this band has been terrible so I opted out, especially since tickets were so expensive. I've heard a few songs with Warren or Trey or Mayer sitting in that have been good, but the trio format doesn't really work here.

I like that it's kind of raggedy and weathered, but, yeah, I'm not sure paying a ton of money to see this in a theater setting would be the best venue. And he def needs a Jerry analog off of whom to play. The harp works a little like that.

MMW at Wait Chapel when I was an undergrad was a pretty sweet show. Wish Scofield had been there then.

Last edited:

V depressed lately at the state of the universe, but stumbling on this today has helped a bit. My man Stefan and my man Bert. Need to look more into Jan Akkerman and Ralph McTell because they both seem like prime candidates to be my mans, too.

Should probably pull the trigger on a ticket for Malkmus coming up. Gotta catch the legends while one can.

MMW at Ziggy's back in the early 90's was sweet.

Saw McCoy Tyner at WSSU auditorium around the same time, maybe later 90s. Mindblowing. Funny the Bob Weir discussion right above it, he often cites Tyner as a major influence.

Back