• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

During the 60s and 70s, many top acts would play The Bitter End and Main Point (Bryn Mawr, PA) back-to-back or use the venues to try out new material.

The Radiohead stream tomorrow is the 2008 From the Basement, which is an incredible set.

The new JRAD album from 11/25/2019 (Brooklyn) is fucking awesome. I've been working my way through it since yesterday - they come out hot and stay on it the whole show. This is a smoking version of St Stephen. Stay heady my dudes.

I was jamming that on my walk with Spotify the other day

How about an album made in a basement....

Well, composed/conceived partly in a basement. Recorded in regular old studios. But The Basement Tapes, those were actually recorded in the basement.

But an amazing album! Too bad Robbie is a total manipulative self absorbed greedy shady dick bag. That was a bummer to find out.

https://archive.org/details/gd77-06-04.bertrando.goodbear.3417.sbeok.shnf/gd77_06_04

43 years ago today, what a setlist

the forum is so cool

our poster from last winter's tour with dead and co arrived this week

cV7aRzK.jpg

this is a super banal complaint but why are frames so expensive

Different sizes/cuts of glass, non-generic/uniform/consistent sizes of things, so many/most have to be custom made to order. And you have to deal with how much pressure is being put on the glass -- it's way more complicated than I ever thought before a couple of years ago and I briefly went out with a woman who worked at a frame shop.

i can see the glass part

we made canvases of all sorts of custom sizes for our painting class at wake, it cost like $8 in material

I have a few posters I need to frame, but not a lot of spots to hang them. wife has asked me not to get any others until we have a house where we can hang more things -- our current is a Cape Cod style with sloped walls upstairs.

As I understand it, but this was coming from a framer, is that it is a specialized skill that requires more time/person power than a lot of us realize. So, it's the labor part, as well, or mostly. But also materials. I dunno man, that's just what was explained to me because I raised the same thing a few years ago.

As I understand it, but this was coming from a framer, is that it is a specialized skill that requires more time/person power than a lot of us realize. So, it's the labor part, as well, or mostly. But also materials. I dunno man, that's just what was explained to me because I raised the same thing a few years ago.

i am not questioning this secondhand knowledge, but even like, something made by slave labor or whatever urban outfitters or wayfair uses for an 18x24 frame is still like $75-$200 on the low end

there's this framing shop on Barracks Row in DC that let you do the labor yourself to save a lot. I did it one time for 2 pieces but the guy just ended up doing it since he wasn't busy. there were a lot of steps.

Bobby, put those legs away. Don't hurt 'em killer. The shorts tonight.

Back