• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

The new Doc and Gaither collection out via Folkways is p good. Early Doc, up in the city with his dad-in-law, jamming on some deep tunes. Some deep Deep gap Doc-ness for your souls and ear holes.

With the successes of Walk the Line, Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman, I'm kinda surprised there isn't a Who movie. They had all sorts of wild shit.

Roger should retire. He can't sing anymore.

Has anyone ever had more great songs written about here than Pattie Boyd (Harrison/Clapton)?

For You Blue - Beatles
I Need You - Beatles
It's All too Much - Beatles
Something - Beatles
Layla- Clapton
Why Does Love Have to be So Sad - Derek and the Dominoes
She's Waiting - Clapton
Wonderful Tonight - Clapton

I think I might be missing a couple.

Phil Collins in this 70s jazz fusion side project. Pretty cool sounding, great drumming, of course.

Phil loves jazz. He loves playing and going to Montreaux.

My man Richard Thompson going obscure on his livestream today on the Fbook and it is sounding quite quite good. One of the great songwriters and guitarists of the last 50+ years.

Phil has done jazz club and very small jazz venue shows over the past decade.

I wonder if not reading music is more of an issue for jazz rather than rock.

The new JRAD album from 11/25/2019 (Brooklyn) is fucking awesome. I've been working my way through it since yesterday - they come out hot and stay on it the whole show. This is a smoking version of St Stephen. Stay heady my dudes.

JRAD is a top 3 live act working right now

JRAD is a top 3 live act working right now

yep yep. have tix to a rescheduled show in Oct., supposed to have been in April. dying to see them again. saw them in '16 at the 9:30 Club for their first DC appearance and they came to Asheville the same tour, but before I moved here and they haven't been back since. finally announce a show here and a damn pandemic comes through.

and of course now they play DC all the time after I leave.

btw this D&C show from this week is p good. pretty sure it's the one where Oteil got dosed (I know it was at the Gorge, but can't remember the year).

Pretty cool Go-Go conversation going on Facebook right now on the Smithsonian Folklife page with Ta-Nahesi Coates. Go-go is a super interesting genre to me. The "Godfather of Go-Go," Chuck Brown, is an NC native, though it is a distinctly DC scene, it kind of just stayed there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-go

Chuck Brown has an interesting story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Brown

Last edited:
Back