• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

ooo men i trust came up on my pandora a couple of weeks ago and i've been really digging em

I have an unhealthy crush on Angel Olsen and this pitchfork interview is not helping.

I know there are (were?) some Widespread Panic fans on the board. Founding drummer Todd Nance died yesterday. They kicked him out of the band a few years ago for substance abuse issues and sounds like he couldn't pull things together. RIP.

I know there are (were?) some Widespread Panic fans on the board. Founding drummer Todd Nance died yesterday. They kicked him out of the band a few years ago for substance abuse issues and sounds like he couldn't pull things together. RIP.

ah shit didn't see that, thanks for posting. I loved his drumming, he was a classic pocket guy, left plenty of room for Schools and Michael and the rest of them to fill in and build out. RIP

Live on the Green is going virtual this year and has a huuuuge lineup.

Tyler Childers released an album - Long Violent History. Mostly instrumental covers but the last song is an original and an outstanding piece on the current happenings of our country. He also released an accompanying video. Good words here.

Tyler Childers released an album - Long Violent History. Mostly instrumental covers but the last song is an original and an outstanding piece on the current happenings of our country. He also released an accompanying video. Good words here.

"Long Violent History" is an incredible protest song - stunning and beautifully written. He fucking nailed it. He is such a talented artist.

Good for him for entering into addiction recovery in COVID - hard enough to do when there isn't a pandemic.

Couple of big music remembrances this week - John Coltrane's birthday was 9/23 and today is the 40th Anniversary of John Bonham's death. Coltrane and Led Zepplin have been hugely influential to me since I first started listening to them in my early teens and remain some of my favorite artists to this day.

Hard to pick just one video where Bonham's playing stands out, so here's two of my favorite performances from him:

Last edited:
Good RSD haul today:
58065ce5852b60cf47b46b3fe81be7fc.jpg

My five year old is disconcertingly into the final Purple Mountains album. She makes Alexa play “All my Happiness is Gone” on repeat. I think we need to go back to The Wiggles.

My five year old is disconcertingly into the final Purple Mountains album. She makes Alexa play “All my Happiness is Gone” on repeat. I think we need to go back to The Wiggles.

lol that album is so beautiful and so sad. Your kid has excellent taste. Outside of Disney and
Cocomelon, the most I’ve been able to get my daughter into is some Charlie Crockett and Jenny Lewis

lol that album is so beautiful and so sad. Your kid has excellent taste. Outside of Disney and
Cocomelon, the most I’ve been able to get my daughter into is some Charlie Crockett and Jenny Lewis

When my older daughter was ~3 I got her really into Flaming Lips, but that faded.

My younger kid was trying out for the school band on drums, this year, and I tried to get her to play the Pavement's Fame Throwa. She was into it, but the teacher gave her a specific beat to play instead of the song she'd been practicing.

Back