• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Truly epic Dead show from this day (2/9) in 1973, Roscoe Maples Pavilion in Palo Alto (Stanford). Seven song debuts, the debut of the Wall of Sound, and a really awesome setlist. The debuts are: They Love Each Other, Here Comes Sunshine, Row Jimmy, Loose Lucy, Wave that Flag, China Doll, and Eyes of the World.

Knowing what we know now, this show really foretells what a great year this was going to be for the Dead.

https://archive.org/details/gd73-02-09.sbd.bertha-fink.14939.sbeok.shnf

RIP Chick Corea - it was announced today that he passed away as a result of cancer.

i'll blame picking a bad SEO band name for it, but i never really knew much about arthur lee and love (that's the name of the band) but they are awesome (been listening to forever changes)

I’ve been aware of the Dirty Three for a long time but only recently started listening to them. They have some great music out there, e.g.:

Sound engineers and editors on TV talent shows deserve massive raises these days. The band/backing musicians are not going into network studios for show like Idol and others. The arrangements are being sent to the sidemen who are recording in their home studios and transmitting their parts to the show.

Given that it's unlikely that everyone's home studios are tuned the same way, the engineers and editors have to be having headaches and late nights.

Back