Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,255 of 1255

Thread: usic Thread 2.0

2/24 is a big music day for me:

2/24/74 - The Dead play an absolute burner of a show at Winterland. Great set list consisting of a pretty tight 1st set and a beautiful, exploratory second set. We've got a great soundboard quality record as well.

2/24/75 - Led Zeppelin release one of my favorite albums, "Physical Graffiti" which I think really captures them at their peak creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    2/24 is a big music day for me:

2/24/74 - The Dead play an absolute burner of a show at Winterland. Great set list consisting of a pretty tight 1st set and a beautiful, exploratory second set. We've got a great soundboard quality record as well.

2/24/75 - Led Zeppelin release one of my favorite albums, "Physical Graffiti" which I think really captures them at their peak creativity.
    2/23 and 2/24 from 1968 make up Dick's Picks 22, from Lake Tahoe. The Viola is the best I've ever heard, unquestionably.

this goes so much harder than your average dead tune, jerry was absolutely NOT fucking around

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    2/23 and 2/24 from 1968 make up Dick's Picks 22, from Lake Tahoe. The Viola is the best I've ever heard, unquestionably.
    I will check that out.

The whole '71 run at the Capitol Theater that covers these dates is great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    This is tight. I've probably posted this before, but I love this interview w/him: https://www.furious.com/perfect/rlburnside.html

"(Interrupted by the same employee passing through.)

RL: You ain't got no tomato juice do ya? I like to make me a Bloody Motherfucker, ya know. A lot of people like to drink a Bloody Mary. When I go to a bar they say, "don't you mean a Bloody Mary?" And I say, "no I'd rather have a Bloody Motherfucker!" Tomato juice and Old Grandad. Cookin' with gas now.

(I proceed to mix RL the first of many Bloody Motherfuckers.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfan2009 View Post
    This is tight. I've probably posted this before, but I love this interview w/him: https://www.furious.com/perfect/rlburnside.html

RL: You ain't got no tomato juice do ya? I like to make me a Bloody Motherfucker, ya know. A lot of people like to drink a Bloody Mary. When I go to a bar they say, "don't you mean a Bloody Mary?" And I say, "no I'd rather have a Bloody Motherfucker!" Tomato juice and Old Grandad. Cookin' with gas now.

His wiki page really escalated quicky:

Three years after coming to Chicago,[12][17] Burnside went back south. He married Alice Mae Taylor in 1949 or 1950,[20][21][19] his second marriage.[9][n 3] He moved several times in the 1950s, between Memphis, Tennessee, the Mississippi Delta and the hill country of northern Mississippi.[22][8][23] During his time in the Delta, he met bluesmen Robert Lockwood Jr. and Aleck "Rice" Miller.[9][10] It seems it was around that time that Burnside killed a man, possibly at a craps game, was convicted of murder and incarcerated in Parchman Farm

Quote Originally Posted by tiltdeac View Post
    His wiki page really escalated quicky:
    Did you happen to catch the reference for that particular fact lol. What a character.

About the incident he would recite, "I didn't mean to kill nobody. I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head and two times in the chest. Him dying was between him and the Lord."

Any Bjork fans on here? I somehow had never listened to Debut until this week. What a poppy, accessible record.
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfan2009 View Post

I am thankful for the Sopranos, as it introduced me for the first time to RL.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    Any Bjork fans on here? I somehow had never listened to Debut until this week. What a poppy, accessible record.
    Ya

sooo goooodddd
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Since Bobby finally got free. Look forward to his forthcoming album.

top 10 rap song of the decade no doubt

Primary OGB Benefactor
    I'm more of a fan of The Sugarcubes than a Bjork fan. Similar to Phil Collins with Genesis.