• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Any of you old deacs go to the 4/12/78 Dead show at Cameron Indoor? What was that like?

Preordered the Hood, Cooley, Isbell Live at the Shoals Theater vinyl from a benefit show they did a few years ago. Just saw that the TTB + Trey Layla set from Lockn is gonna come out on vinyl too.

Preordered the Hood, Cooley, Isbell Live at the Shoals Theater vinyl from a benefit show they did a few years ago. Just saw that the TTB + Trey Layla set from Lockn is gonna come out on vinyl too.

Dude, I preordered it and have been listening to the digital copy for months. I have a crowd recording of the show, but this is a vast, vast improvement. It's missing some stories in-between songs, but all in all I can't wait to spin it on the living room system.

Dude, I preordered it and have been listening to the digital copy for months. I have a crowd recording of the show, but this is a vast, vast improvement. It's missing some stories in-between songs, but all in all I can't wait to spin it on the living room system.

Yeah I need to listen to the digital. But about to switch jobs so will prob wait to download to a different computer.

juice you ever done p4kfest PLUS

if the food/drink was included maybe but doesn't look like it is

I got hooked up with a free plus pass one year

I don't think the food was comped but I do think I got free beer

defs some good acts in there, but hard to get excited about the non-Tyler headliners imo

trying to get rsf + co. on the p4kfest train because me and gf are v much in but it'd be nice to go with friends. he's waiting for hopscotch lineup

best lodging is probably a hotel, right? last time (lolla '16) we crashed on a friend's couch so I know nothing about lodging in chi

green line goes out to harlem/lake so maybe prices are cheaper out there and then just hop the train for the fest (that's basically how we got around for lolla)

if rsf balks we could bring our bikes and then really get weird with it

trying to get rsf + co. on the p4kfest train because me and gf are v much in but it'd be nice to go with friends. he's waiting for hopscotch lineup

best lodging is probably a hotel, right? last time (lolla '16) we crashed on a friend's couch so I know nothing about lodging in chi

green line goes out to harlem/lake so maybe prices are cheaper out there and then just hop the train for the fest (that's basically how we got around for lolla)

not sure the hotel vs. airbnb scene locally

but yes, green line and pink go to Union Park -- I'd probably scope Pilsen along the pink line before the green line neighborhoods -- some of the western ones are a little less safe

if you're near any train line, connecting in the Loop is pretty easy, so I wouldn't hold yourself only to the pink and green lines

the local bike share -- Divvy -- is nice; I always find bike parking at festivals to be a bit precarious, but YMMV

i'm going with my sister, who will be starting as a freshman at DePaul in the fall -- holla if you make it out

wish I had space to offer for you to crash, but not the case with my current setup

Back