• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

i really enjoyed that guy reading announcements, struggling through the social media part, but emphasizing the free parking and no tobacco smoking parts

very on brand for merlefest

I know we turn this into Heads thread occasionally/often, which I am TOTALLY COOL WITH, but the Shakedown Stream tonight is Buckeye Lake from '93, which I guess has sort of been a long lost show? I dunno. Anyway, pre-show intro features esteemed Dead scholar Jesse Jarnow, who knows his shit and who often (always?) live tweets a show a night from the particular date. It's kind of fun for me even separated from the jams (he offers plenty of opinions), as he will occasionally make it more of a historical piece and give the context of the universe around it. Anyway, Grateful Dead youtube of '93 Buckeye is tonight at 8. Lots of shit going on. Might have to choose between that and the OG Flecktones/Sam Bush/Los Lobos run at Merle tonight. Hmmm...two youtube streams competing against each other battle to the death.

I guess they've just had the video from this Dead show in the can a while and it has never gotten an official release, not that has ever stopped anything associated with the Dead before. Anyway.

I’m a dummy and of course this isn’t in real time, so I’m not sure why I was listening to the stage announcer’s times. Dummy.

The Dead has played at Duke several times dating back to the early 70s if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure if it was all the same year, but we saw Bonnie (with Mississippi Fred McDowell opening), Joni Mitchell and the Dead at Cameron.

Didn’t realize it but Derek and Susan were EXACTLY what I needed this evening goddamn

Thanks for this tip chupe they’re ripping right now

Flashback to Tony Rice All-Stars on that first Merlefest w/Cowan, O’Conner, Bela, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, and, of course, the Master himself.

Now D Trucks and Tedeschi about to sit in with LOS CABROS DEL TODO TIEMPO DEL TODO MUNDO LOS LOBOS.

I’ve seen the Derek Trucks Band like 10 times, the Allman Bros with Derek a bunch but still never saw TTB. Had resolved to see them this year since they usually come in the winter but of course this is the one year they didn’t.

This is amazing. Seriously, Los Lobos. Together almost 50 years, still most of the same original members, SHREDDERS.

YES YES YES Just a burning Not Fade Away>Bertha. LOS LOBOS DEL ESTE DE LOS ANGELES. Will The Wolf Survive, please.

Ha, Cinnamon Girl will do.

Last edited:
Back