• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

This Michael Hurley facebook live set is one of the best things I've ever seen! Go find it!

Chupe, you would have been in heaven in 60-late 80s (at least) if you lived near Philly. There used to be a head shop/record shop on Lancaster Ave. on the border of Ardmore and Bryn Mawr across the street from the train station and a couple of blocks from the Main Point and Cabaret 23 East (a nightclub that featured excellent local and regional talent).

At the shop, you could get everything from papers, bongs and pipes to Deerings (grinders for non-pot products) to bootleg records. I couldn't guess how bootleg Dead or Bruce concert records they had. There were others. It wasn't unusual to see the people playing at The Main Point browsing in there. I saw Little Stevie picking up copies of his own shows a couple of times.

I'm assuming Casey Jones is a big hit - that song is tight

They make a lot of hay out of the general theme of trains and cocaine

Ladies of rock mix this evening:

Linda Ronstadt -1977 - Willin
Joan Osborne = What Becomes of the Brokenhearted -Standin in the Shadows of Motown
Joss Stone (w/Jeff Beck & Tal Wilkenfeld) -People Get Ready
Tal Wikenfeld - Killin Me
Heart - Stairway to Heaven -Kennedy Center
Norah Jones - You don't Know Me - with Wynton Marsalis
Esperanza Spalding - On the Sunny Side of the Street
Bonnie Raitt - Finest Loving Man Around/Stayed too Long at the Fair - Live at Sigma Sound

THIS is a front man. These guys are all between 17 and 21 in this, I think, maybe 20. Crazy. Paul Rodgers, Paul Kossoff, Simon Kirke, and Andy Fraser. FREE.

It's so much harder for young groups to make a living these days. They have to play live as record sales are so low that record companies can't take as many chances. Even when someone is signed the sales keep the players from making any real money.

Back