• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tagging Disabled

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,
We have decided to disable the tagging system. While mildly entertaining at times, it was also a system that was habitually abused by some posters. Too many blatantly racist tags, doxing of other posters, and general douchebaggery and the moderators simply do not have time to handle every offense that is reported or to police the tags on our own. Further, having to make a decision every time a tag is reported on whether to out the poster or not is not something that can be reasonably applied in any sort of consistent manner.

At this time there is no plan or discussion to reinstate the tagging functionality.

1lp7dv.jpg

But we're bringing back anonymous rep. Stay tuned.

Hey, I tried tagging this thread and I can't figure out how to do it anymore. Any advice?

i added the "milhouse: mein kampf" tag to the amazon purchase thread. sorry not sorry

:thumbsup:

Excellent decision.

You guys should just pony up for OGBoards Premium. We still have tags and talk about the rest of you all the time. Plus rj's posts just auto-correct to "I'm a big dumb idiot" which makes the boards so much more readable.

You guys should just pony up for OGBoards Premium. We still have tags and talk about the rest of you all the time. Plus rj's posts just auto-correct to "I'm a big dumb idiot" which makes the boards so much more readable.

I think the chatroom is the best part.

I'll probably miss tagging the most when idiots start unnecessary threads and you could call them out in a tag, rather than bring their shitty thread to the top.

New proposal - Post Comments.

For when you want to comment on a post instead of create a new post on the general thread topic. Doesn't bump threads & people can more easily ignore stupid wars of words from the usual suspects if they choose to do their inane replies with comments over new posts. Not sure if Vbulletin supports it but it seems to work well on a couple other boards I've visited.

New proposal - Post Comments.

For when you want to comment on a post instead of create a new post on the general thread topic. Doesn't bump threads & people can more easily ignore stupid wars of words from the usual suspects if they choose to do their inane replies with comments over new posts. Not sure if Vbulletin supports it but it seems to work well on a couple other boards I've visited.

Don't reps help accomplish this? If they're public facing then they're basically just posts, but without the bumping the thread to the top?

Back