Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tagging Disabled

  1. #1

    Tagging Disabled

    Greetings everyone,
    We have decided to disable the tagging system. While mildly entertaining at times, it was also a system that was habitually abused by some posters. Too many blatantly racist tags, doxing of other posters, and general douchebaggery and the moderators simply do not have time to handle every offense that is reported or to police the tags on our own. Further, having to make a decision every time a tag is reported on whether to out the poster or not is not something that can be reasonably applied in any sort of consistent manner.

    At this time there is no plan or discussion to reinstate the tagging functionality.


  2. #2
    Expanding Mod Powers
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    35,854
    But we're bringing back anonymous rep. Stay tuned.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    But we're bringing back anonymous rep. Stay tuned.
    And the ability for posters to inflict temp bans when they are offended.

  4. #4
    Tag: let rj just run boards

  5. #5
    Companion tag: let rj just ruin boards

  6. #6
    Just make 'em public and shame the shit heads

  7. #7
    Hey, I tried tagging this thread and I can't figure out how to do it anymore. Any advice?

  8. #8
    i added the "milhouse: mein kampf" tag to the amazon purchase thread. sorry not sorry

  9. #9


    Excellent decision.

  10. #10
    Expanding Mod Powers
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    35,854
    Tag: deachead rims lk

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    And the ability for posters to inflict temp bans when they are offended.
    lol. ok boomer.

  12. #12
    Bzzz is a fucking loser Arsene Wenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In this coat that looks like a puffy sleeping bag
    Posts
    561
    Sad. Creating dumb tags entertained me a lot. Ogboards in decline

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger View Post
    Sad. Creating dumb tags entertained me a lot. Ogboards in decline
    Like Arsenal

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger View Post
    Sad. Creating dumb tags entertained me a lot. Ogboards in decline
    That's because you're a snarky, but cowardly, little bitch.


    See! I called you out in the open! It is possible!
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  15. #15
    You guys should just pony up for OGBoards Premium. We still have tags and talk about the rest of you all the time. Plus rj's posts just auto-correct to "I'm a big dumb idiot" which makes the boards so much more readable.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    You guys should just pony up for OGBoards Premium. We still have tags and talk about the rest of you all the time. Plus rj's posts just auto-correct to "I'm a big dumb idiot" which makes the boards so much more readable.
    I think the chatroom is the best part.

  17. #17
    I'll probably miss tagging the most when idiots start unnecessary threads and you could call them out in a tag, rather than bring their shitty thread to the top.

  18. #18
    Scooter Banks
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,504
    New proposal - Post Comments.

    For when you want to comment on a post instead of create a new post on the general thread topic. Doesn't bump threads & people can more easily ignore stupid wars of words from the usual suspects if they choose to do their inane replies with comments over new posts. Not sure if Vbulletin supports it but it seems to work well on a couple other boards I've visited.

  19. #19
    Expanding Mod Powers
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    35,854
    That would be chaos.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    New proposal - Post Comments.

    For when you want to comment on a post instead of create a new post on the general thread topic. Doesn't bump threads & people can more easily ignore stupid wars of words from the usual suspects if they choose to do their inane replies with comments over new posts. Not sure if Vbulletin supports it but it seems to work well on a couple other boards I've visited.

    Don't reps help accomplish this? If they're public facing then they're basically just posts, but without the bumping the thread to the top?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •