• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Danny Manning be Fired?

Is he gone?

• Yes

Votes: 115 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The weird thing is that he's getting the recruits though. Just not having success with them for some reason.

Shaka is still popular with recruits, and he likely will have a nice honeymoon recruiting period at Wake, but there are warning signs from Texas that his teams struggle offensively and his HAVOC defense was what created all his success at VCU.

I love the poetic justice of Danny Manning, a Greensboro native, possibly coaching his last game in Greensboro. Make it happen, Currie.

Shaka’s recruiting success at UT alone makes him sufficiently intriguing to me, at least compared the kind of candidates we would/could otherwise reasonably target. I’d much rather take a chance on him, who we’ve all seem have success at the highest level in addition to a decent familiarity with the region (both at VCU and as an assistant at Clemson), rather than a Wes Miller or a Ryan Odom.

Also I think the reference to Anthony Grant’s success at Dayton wasn’t as a potential candidate but to point out that sometimes, good coaches are capable of having bad runs, especially at football schools where basketball is secondary.

Also I think the reference to Anthony Grant’s success at Dayton wasn’t as a potential candidate but to point out that sometimes, good coaches are capable of having bad runs, especially at football schools where basketball is secondary.
Exactly the way I interpreted ChrisL’s post as well.

Can we start betting on when he will be fired. I say press conference the Monday after the ACC tourney. Sometime around 4pm.:thumbsup:

I love the poetic justice of Danny Manning, a Greensboro native, possibly coaching his last game in Greensboro. Make it happen, Currie.

Poetic indeed.

He's the remix to Bzdelek
Got us locked in the cellar
Wellman rolled us with Danny
Now ain't no tickets be sellin

I'll be here all week.

Poetic indeed.

He's the remix to Bzdelek
Got us locked in the cellar
Wellman rolled us with Danny
Now ain't no tickets be sellin

I'll be here all week.
tenor.gif

Manning should be given at least next year...this team has competed this year. Has played very hard. Im sure Manning is doing the best he can.

Manning should be given at least next year...this team has competed this year. Has played very hard. Im sure Manning is doing the best he can.

Johnsongrass (Sorghum halepense) is a troublesome perennial grass weed that reduces yields in corn, grain sorghum, soybean, cotton and leguminous forages. Originally introduced into the United States as a forage crop, it is now an agricultural pest in most states south of the 42nd parallel.

I agree. Manning is doing the best he can. 5 seasons w/ 19+ losses.

Johnsongrass (Sorghum halepense) is a troublesome perennial grass weed that reduces yields in corn, grain sorghum, soybean, cotton and leguminous forages. Originally introduced into the United States as a forage crop, it is now an agricultural pest in most states south of the 42nd parallel.

Johnson Grass is also slang for Dick Weed

I was SURE he was gone last year and was devastated when that didn’t happen. I no longer have faith Wake will do what’s right.

Pos Rec

Sutton wants him gone; No idea about Shah. They’re more important than Currie at this point, as they will be the one’s coughing up the coin.

What has Sutton said?

Likely NCAAT or bust.

So, if Danny wins 5 straight tourney games to garner the ACCT Champ automatic bid, he gets to keep his job.

Back