• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Danny Manning be Fired?

Is he gone?

• Yes

Votes: 115 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20-11 w/Corchiani, Monroe, and Gugliotta. Even Kevin Thompson got an NBA look. The new ACC tournament round was called the Les Robinson invitational. If he hadn't inherited those players he would not have lasted so long. Don't know of anything called the Danny Manning cellar-dwelling club though.

At the moment that space happens to be occupied by the baby blue clad team from cheater hell.

In all fairness, the NCSU administration nuked the program after his first year with respect to admissions and academic progress.

In all fairness, the NCSU administration nuked the program after his first year with respect to admissions and academic progress.

Yes. Les Robinson presided over a program on double secret probation. He had no chance, as he wasn't able to recruit good basketball players because they wouldn't be admitted to school. He did what he could. That is also why he was kept on as long as he was.

So, Wellman has put Wake on triple secret probation with first the firing of 30 games over .500 Gaudio and then the disastrous subsequent hirings of [ ] and DFL. :(

I'm sure this might not really be an option, but could we make Danny the big man's coach and then bring in a real HC???? That way you at least get something for the $ and hopefully help our big man recruiting and overall recruiting if we can bring in a great HC along with some other assistants? Then if Danny doesn't like being 2nd on the bench he can quit and we avoid payout?

With the amount we are paying I would hope we would have the ability to hire an Exec. coach to put him over the program, but that might be a hard one for a new coach to deal with Danny boy whining and moaning if he isn't happy.

No fire his ass

If John Currie doesnt fire Manning things could get really UGLY for him, it wont be as bad as the UT fiasco but does Currie really want to be hated by the Wake fanbase? does he want another situation like that on his hands? he knows whats at stake and if he does the right thing he can become a hero to Wake fans instantly.

If John Currie doesnt fire Manning things could get really UGLY for him, it wont be as bad as the UT fiasco but does Currie really want to be hated by the Wake fanbase? does he want another situation like that on his hands? he knows whats at stake and if he does the right thing he can become a hero to Wake fans instantly.

Except at Wake he won’t get fired after 9 months, instead, he’ll here 25 years.

Only idea worse than this would be hiring WFU22 to represent you in a legal case.

I’m not a big time lawyer but I’ve never lost a jury trial that I should have won and have won quite a few I should have lost. Stick to your area of expertise.

I want to believe this, but is it actually true? At this point, it seems like it would be met with helpless indifference and apathy from fans who used to care.

Meanwhile, the influential moneybags continue their blind acceptance of whatever drivel the AD, including Currie, wants to serve.

If he's not fired, the little flickering flame of my interest in Wake hoops, and Wake anything, will be extinguished.

Not sure about that. Checking for tickets at the Notre Dame football game site, i was surprised by the number of tickets sold. Actually I know many former college basketball fans who have simply lost interest in the game the way it is now.

Not sure about that. Checking for tickets at the Notre Dame football game site, i was surprised by the number of tickets sold. Actually I know many former college basketball fans who have simply lost interest in the game the way it is now.

WFU vs. GT tickets going for $1. We have hit a new low.

I want to believe this, but is it actually true? At this point, it seems like it would be met with helpless indifference and apathy from fans who used to care.

Meanwhile, the influential moneybags continue their blind acceptance of whatever drivel the AD, including Currie, wants to serve.

I think this is spot-on unfortunately.

Wellman let it roll on for a decade and got a retirement party and a street named after him. Currie doesn't have jack shit to worry about, nothing is going to get ugly for him no matter how bad we are, the last 11 years are proof of that.

WFU vs. GT tickets going for $1. We have hit a new low.

Wake is doing nicely with all sports except for basketball (GT basketball tics for $1). Until congress fixes the college basketball mess, allowing Wake to be relevant again, a coaching change or not wont help Wake much. The NCAA is incapable of correcting itself.

Back