189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

115 60.85%
  • No

74 39.15%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Danny Manning be Fired?

Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    Just reconfigure Wait Chapel - add room for a court on the stage, improve the lighting, build a tunnel over to the new practice facility for access to the locker rooms. It wouldn't take much.
    Most of those tunnels are already in place.

Quote Originally Posted by KingW View Post
    20-11 w/Corchiani, Monroe, and Gugliotta. Even Kevin Thompson got an NBA look. The new ACC tournament round was called the Les Robinson invitational. If he hadn't inherited those players he would not have lasted so long. Don't know of anything called the Danny Manning cellar-dwelling club though.
    At the moment that space happens to be occupied by the baby blue clad team from cheater hell.

Rusty Larue
    In all fairness, the NCSU administration nuked the program after his first year with respect to admissions and academic progress.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    In all fairness, the NCSU administration nuked the program after his first year with respect to admissions and academic progress.
    Yes. Les Robinson presided over a program on double secret probation. He had no chance, as he wasn't able to recruit good basketball players because they wouldn't be admitted to school. He did what he could. That is also why he was kept on as long as he was.

So, Wellman has put Wake on triple secret probation with first the firing of 30 games over .500 Gaudio and then the disastrous subsequent hirings of [ ] and DFL.

Tag: I donít know.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Will anyone watch if danny comes back? Canít imagine committing to that

Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    I'm sure this might not really be an option, but could we make Danny the big man's coach and then bring in a real HC???? That way you at least get something for the $ and hopefully help our big man recruiting and overall recruiting if we can bring in a great HC along with some other assistants? Then if Danny doesn't like being 2nd on the bench he can quit and we avoid payout?

With the amount we are paying I would hope we would have the ability to hire an Exec. coach to put him over the program, but that might be a hard one for a new coach to deal with Danny boy whining and moaning if he isn't happy.
    No fire his ass

If John Currie doesnt fire Manning things could get really UGLY for him, it wont be as bad as the UT fiasco but does Currie really want to be hated by the Wake fanbase? does he want another situation like that on his hands? he knows whats at stake and if he does the right thing he can become a hero to Wake fans instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by guitardeac View Post
    This is actually a great question. I had never really thought about it that way.
    It is hard to be anywhere long enough to have 5 X 19 loss seasons

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy8 View Post
    If John Currie doesnt fire Manning things could get really UGLY for him, it wont be as bad as the UT fiasco but does Currie really want to be hated by the Wake fanbase? does he want another situation like that on his hands? he knows whats at stake and if he does the right thing he can become a hero to Wake fans instantly.
    Except at Wake he wonít get fired after 9 months, instead, heíll here 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecarpet View Post
    Only idea worse than this would be hiring WFU22 to represent you in a legal case.
    Iím not a big time lawyer but Iíve never lost a jury trial that I should have won and have won quite a few I should have lost. Stick to your area of expertise.

I want to believe this, but is it actually true? At this point, it seems like it would be met with helpless indifference and apathy from fans who used to care.

Meanwhile, the influential moneybags continue their blind acceptance of whatever drivel the AD, including Currie, wants to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdinBama View Post
    If he's not fired, the little flickering flame of my interest in Wake hoops, and Wake anything, will be extinguished.
    Not sure about that. Checking for tickets at the Notre Dame football game site, i was surprised by the number of tickets sold. Actually I know many former college basketball fans who have simply lost interest in the game the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    I can't remember the last time a relatively young, long-term HC was demoted and stayed to be an assistant.
    Let's back up. Can you remember any time a HC was demoted and stayed to be an assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by NewBernDeac View Post
    Not sure about that. Checking for tickets at the Notre Dame football game site, i was surprised by the number of tickets sold. Actually I know many former college basketball fans who have simply lost interest in the game the way it is now.
    WFU vs. GT tickets going for $1. We have hit a new low.
    We're at the threshold of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    I want to believe this, but is it actually true? At this point, it seems like it would be met with helpless indifference and apathy from fans who used to care.

Meanwhile, the influential moneybags continue their blind acceptance of whatever drivel the AD, including Currie, wants to serve.
    I think this is spot-on unfortunately.

Restricted Access
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    Let's back up. Can you remember any time a HC was demoted and stayed to be an assistant?
    No.

Wellman let it roll on for a decade and got a retirement party and a street named after him. Currie doesn't have jack shit to worry about, nothing is going to get ugly for him no matter how bad we are, the last 11 years are proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Or we could build bleachers and have an outdoor arena.
    94 x 50 would fit on the Quad without even taking down any trees. And we wouldnít even need bleachers. Students can watch a minute or two of games as they walk to class.