• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Re-living 1995

I love the 90s Deacs. I will never forget watching the back-to-back ACC basketball championships. I will also never forget my 70s Deacs with back-to-back NCAA golf championships, a basketball elite 8, and the baseball team that came within one game of Omaha.

Don't forget starting the '70s with Wake's first ACC football championship.

I gotta wonder if that 94-95 team played our current team today. How many points would they win by? (At their current ages, not their ages in 94-95.)

I'm fucking sick of this athletic department trying to make me relive success from 25 years ago. It is fucking pathetic....

I gotta wonder if that 94-95 team played our current team today. How many points would they win by? (At their current ages, not their ages in 94-95.)

They would get crushed at their current ages. We saw how our old "stars" performed last year in the TBT. It was a train wreck.

They would get crushed at their current ages. We saw how our old "stars" performed last year in the TBT. It was a train wreck.

Randolph Childress just had shoulder surgery. He isn't shooting right now.

If you had the choice, would you rather Childress have missed that runner, lost the game, and then ended up losing to Arkansas in the Final 4, like Unc did?

Or securing the epic moment and getting bounced by Big Country the preferred?

If you had the choice, would you rather Childress have missed that runner, lost the game, and then ended up losing to Arkansas in the Final 4, like Unc did?

You have to go with the epic moment. Getting bounced is what we do lol.

I'd take the Final Four ten times out of ten.

You can't take that shot away.....it was the culmination of the epic performance Chill had in that tourney

I would gladly trade the ACC Championship the following year for a chance to face that KY team in the Elite 8 with a healthy Rutland

Absolutely the Final 4. Particularly since I was already going to be in Seattle for that. Bright side: I got to see Carolina lose in the Final 4 in person. That ACC Tournament weekend was pretty damn special though.

You can't take that shot away.....it was the culmination of the epic performance Chill had in that tourney

I would gladly trade the ACC Championship the following year for a chance to face that KY team in the Elite 8 with a healthy Rutland

that kentucky team would still have boat raced us

Was working that tournament for the Wake Sports Information Department that year as one of the official spotters. Things that I will never forget: Dean Smith swearing at Rick Barnes in the most condescending manner possible. 'Sheed rolling his ankle and screaming as if he'd just been shot... i've never heard a scream like that. The feeling in the building when Childress just flat out took over the Duke game. Understanding fore the very first time the feeling of a sporting event emotion overwhelming a crowd.

Having been at Wake for the two ACC championships, I can’t imagine giving those up. They were special. My kids asked me the other day about Timmy D and his college and pro championships. It certainly bites not to be able to have a final four to look back on, but I was able to tell them we won those two ACC championships. I’d have a hard time ever letting those memories go. Especially the ‘95 obviously.

Was working that tournament for the Wake Sports Information Department that year as one of the official spotters. Things that I will never forget: Dean Smith swearing at Rick Barnes in the most condescending manner possible. 'Sheed rolling his ankle and screaming as if he'd just been shot... i've never heard a scream like that. The feeling in the building when Childress just flat out took over the Duke game. Understanding fore the very first time the feeling of a sporting event emotion overwhelming a crowd.

WINDY!!!!!

That was one of the all-time great ACC Tourneys, even with my Wake bias aside. The conference that year was 4 great, Final 4 caliber teams (Wake, UNC, Maryland, Virginia) who finished tied for first place and met each other in the Semifinals. There was the Barnes-Dean confrontation in the Quarterfinals, then Gary Williams missed the Semifinal match up against UNC, which went into OT. Then the epic UNC-Wake battle, with Childress breaking McGinnis' ankles, Sheed crying like a baby, Randolph scoring all of our points in OT to give us the win and get the scoring record for himself.

The date of that final game was March 12, 1995. I was a senior at Wake and turned 22 years old that day. Number 22 set the tournament scoring record that day. Best birthday gift ever.

I do remember Rasheed Wallace rolling around and screaming like a little bitch. I was trying get with a chick who was a UNC grad and I mentioned that I thought Wallace was a huge pussy and she ghosted me after that...oh well, it was worth it.

I do remember Rasheed Wallace rolling around and screaming like a little bitch. I was trying get with a chick who was a UNC grad and I mentioned that I thought Wallace was a huge pussy and she ghosted me after that...oh well, it was worth it.

Even Deano thought 'Sheed was a pussy over that injury

I was 16 and Randolph was my hero. I still have my gold 22 jersey that I got from Bocock Stroud.
Randolph is still my all time favorite Deac. He and that team defeated the Evil empire. Something that a 16 year old me
just didn’t seem possible. But he kept making shots! 😎. I remember I couldn’t sleep from being so excited to go to school the next day! And rub it in all the Carolina fans face . I’m 41 now and my Deacs have had it hard as of late. But I refuse to stop believing things will turn around. Thanks for the memories and the good ones yet to come.

Back