• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Georgia Tech - Wednesday 7 pm RSN

It's tough to win a basketball game when you give up 86 points, especially when 31 of them come in the last 5:31 of the game. Alvarado and Devoe were the best two players on the court and it showed, especially down the stretch.

Neath and Massoud have improved during the course of the the season. They played well tonight and earned their minutes. Brown contributed as expected. Childress points were offset by turnovers. Nothing impressive for anyone else. Johnson's 12 minutes were a surprise. Maybe Manning got a clue in game 26, but my bet is that Neath made the difference.

7562 fans watched the game to honor Odum and the 1994-95 ACC championship. That should speak volumes to Currie, Hatch et.al.

Damn. They scored 5 points in the first 5:31.

I know Duncan isn't an expressive guy to begin with, but from the tv coverage it looked like he had no reaction whatsoever when Massoud drained the 3 with a minute left to narrow GT's lead down to 4. Even cheerleader-in-chief Mit seemed to tone down his reactions in the final minutes.

As a successful self-made private equity guy, surely Mit can't ignore the mountain of evidence right in front of him. If he's somehow still pro-Manning and I was a limited partner with money in his fund, I'd pull every last cent of mine faster than you could say "Ron Wellman likes receiving at truck stop glory holes."

Danny hangin' the hat on defense again. :dumb:

Dinger post game nailed it: "44 of Tech's 49 second half points were easy points. Dunks, layups or FTs. You can't play basketball like that."
I love that man. Killing him to watch and comment on this shitshow.

Someone should ask Odom after the game to discuss Manning's offensive philosophy. I'd be surprised if he says there is one. Defensive philosophy too, but we've known for years he doesn't have one of those.

Correct. I watched when we were down 18-26 and Mucius missed the free throw. Chaundee snuck in and grabbed the board and put back. Down 20-26 with 5:02 ish minutes to go in half one. What transpired from that point, to the 3:50 TV timeout should be cut, cropped, and that should be emailed to Currie and Hatch, knowing Hatch will not understand it.

We do not have talent and we do not understand offense or defense. At all. Not one bit.

It was DFL Big South bad. Like an intramural team throwing one handed passes (Childress with two) bad. Zero transition defense after back to back turnovers, dudes slipping and falling twice, reach ins, switching pick and rolls NBA style and thus leaving bigs on an island on the perimeter, no box out and failed one handed rebound by White, and so on...and so on.

This is Bob Wade bad. Or worse.

I have more, just in 90 freaking seconds.

Whose fault is that?

For the last ten minutes, their only big had four fouls. No plays were directed at him.

With five minutes to go, Devoe got his fourth foul. Did we attack him? NO!

Whose fault is that?

Wake shot 33 free throws and Coach Brilliant thinks that’s why we lost. Not putrid defense and putrid defense ... 33 free throws isn’t enough to win.

We do not have talent and we do not understand offense or defense. At all. Not one bit.

I would disagree that the team doesn't have talent. There is talent on the team. 6-8 Massoud with his sweet stroke would get minutes on a lot of good teams.

So would Saar. A seven footer who has a decent outside stroke and can protect the rim would likewise play almost anywhere.

The team however, doesn't play like a well organized team. Instead of calling plays, the point guard is waving other players to positions. This should not need to happen. The play should be called and everyone should know what to do.

On defense the team seems stuck at level one. One pick, one switch and nobody seems to know what to do

Whose fault is that?

For the last ten minutes, their only big had four fouls. No plays were directed at him.

With five minutes to go, Devoe got his fourth foul. Did we attack him? NO!

Whose fault is that?

Actually, I thought we did attack the basket for once. We lost because of utter breakdowns on the defensive side of the ball, and turnovers.

Back