• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Georgia Tech - Wednesday 7 pm RSN

“We’ve got to make a change if we want any type of postseason“

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is Childress talking about? Postseason? Dude, we are at the bottom of the ACC!

It's not the first time in the last 2 weeks he's referenced delusions of a postseason. Just the first time I've actually used it. Felt appropriate after losing to a Josh Pastner-coached team.

I feel like we didn’t come out ready to play tonight.

That is the same quote that has been used for 90% of the games over the course of 10 years. One day, it would be nice to see the guy being paid millions to maybe shoulder a fraction of the blame.

Manning is a great coach after all. He’s coached the players to be totally delusional like he is.

The players are probably fed the bullshit dream that every team is granted a chance to win a championship come March. Manning can tell them all about how his Tulsa team got hot at the right time, was able to put a few good games together and that got them into the big dance. I assume he leaves out the fact that those few good games are also the reason why he sits in front of them today, making their college basketball experience a miserable nightmare.

I almost can’t fathom that our chief offensive goal is to get to the free throw line. And that he’s blatantly obvious about it. I understand if it’s an unspoken/internal team strategy, but for it to be the overarching offensive purpose? How many other coaches have ever “hung their hats” on it?

In a loss, how many times would we have needed to get to the free throw line for Manning to feel like that wasn’t the reason we lost?

It's not the first time in the last 2 weeks he's referenced delusions of a postseason. Just the first time I've actually used it. Felt appropriate after losing to a Josh Pastner-coached team.
42a775da46d621f1bf0dc0858a752df4.jpg

After the regular season performance, Wake would would need an unprecedented five game winning streak in the ACC Tournament to go dancing. Considering that this team has yet to win two consecutive ACC games, that seems highly unlikely. Somewhat more unlikely than getting hit by lightning from clear skies unlikely.

I almost can’t fathom that our chief offensive goal is to get to the free throw line.

Most Wake fans grew up despising Duke and UNC for getting bailed out by the refs and winning games from the free throw line. For Manning it's the pinnacle of the program he's trying to build here.

I feel like we didn’t come out ready to play tonight.

That is the same quote that has been used for 90% of the games over the course of 10 years. One day, it would be nice to see the guy being paid millions to maybe shoulder a fraction of the blame.

I would like to see, just 1 time, somebody give credit to the other team for being better and out playing and out coaching WF.

Congrats on the hat hanging reference,but where in the world did the UNC- Portland box score that was in my paper come from?

Holy shit. Another win for print media!

Seriously have no idea. Hadn't cracked the paper open yet. Letting editor know now.

Maybe it was our night editor or designer's attempt to make us as inept as ... well, pick any part of the basketball program.

Holy shit. Another win for print media!

Seriously have no idea. Hadn't cracked the paper open yet. Letting editor know now.

Maybe it was our night editor or designer's attempt to make us as inept as ... well, pick any part of the basketball program.

Excellent answer, thanks!

It’s just another sour result in what seems a lock to be the eighth losing season in the past 10 years.

Currie will totally lose the fanbase if he does not make a coaching change. The product on the court is pathetic. Not worth the cost to park your car even though tickets were $1.

Back