• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Georgia Tech - Wednesday 7 pm RSN

Duncan sat a few feet behind DM. I wonder if he learned any valuable coaching lessons that he could take back with him to the Spurs.

I was lucky enough to sit with a friend in his 3rd row seats right behind where Duncan & Blucas were sitting with Mit Shah so I got a great look up close at just how bad our defense really is. We lose people on a whim and seemingly gave up 10-12 layups or dunks in a row in the 2nd half. During the first half when GT was in front of us on offense I can't count the number of times I saw a GT player be able to dribble and turn the corner around the baseline without anybody stepping over to block them off--use the baseline as your 6th man. It reminded me terribly of how we played defense under Prosser because he never taught how to cut off the baseline or to play help side defense. This team has no basketball IQ.

Duncan sat a few feet behind DM. I wonder if he learned any valuable coaching lessons that he could take back with him to the Spurs.
Yep.
"Don't do any of this" and some game film to play along side a circus music sound track. The laughter he and Pop will have while watching and enjoying a wonderful Bordeaux will be priceless.

Country Dan tells the troof.

https://mytakeonwhatever.com/

"Odom, in his 12 seasons at Wake, won 240 games, was named ACC Coach of the Year three times, coached the Deacons into the NCAA Tournament seven-straight times (and eight times overall), beat Duke nine-straight times, (including five-straight at Cameron Indoor Stadium), and won the school’s only two ACC titles – back-to-back no less – since the halcyon days of Bones McKinney, Len Chappell and Billy Packer way back in 1961 and 1962 when players of color needed not apply to conference schools."

"The Butler debacle was the last game Dave Odom ever coached at Wake. It should not have been. Dave Odom represented Wake Forest the way it needed and wanted to be represented, and he won. If Ron Wellman had been smarter than he proved to be, he would have never let Dave Odom get away.

. . . .

The Butler debacle was the last game Dave Odom ever coached at Wake. It should not have been. Dave Odom represented Wake Forest the way it needed and wanted to be represented, and he won. If Ron Wellman had been smarter than he proved to be, he would have never let Dave Odom get away.

And the well, in case you haven’t noticed, is bone dry. And it’s destined to stay that way until John Currie, Wellman’s successor, goes out and finds a coach up to the task of winning in the ACC.

It’s destined to stay that way until Currie finds a coach like Dave Odom."

So damn nice to see a writer not mince words about Wellman--doesn't happen nearly enough given that he's responsible for this dog shit product. I definitely appreciate how Conor has written about the shitty state of our bball program, but would love to see him devote some ink to Wellman's direct role in creating this decade of a dumpster fire. Though I suppose that might be more difficult for him to write about compared to Dan now.

Dan was a bootlicker for Wellman for years.

"The Butler debacle was the last game Dave Odom ever coached at Wake. It should not have been. Dave Odom represented Wake Forest the way it needed and wanted to be represented, and he won. If Ron Wellman had been smarter than he proved to be, he would have never let Dave Odom get away.

. . . .

The Butler debacle was the last game Dave Odom ever coached at Wake. It should not have been. Dave Odom represented Wake Forest the way it needed and wanted to be represented, and he won. If Ron Wellman had been smarter than he proved to be, he would have never let Dave Odom get away.

And the well, in case you haven’t noticed, is bone dry. And it’s destined to stay that way until John Currie, Wellman’s successor, goes out and finds a coach up to the task of winning in the ACC.

So damn nice to see a writer not mince words about Wellman--doesn't happen nearly enough given that he's responsible for this dog shit product. I definitely appreciate how Conor has written about the shitty state of our bball program, but would love to see him devote some ink to Wellman's direct role in creating this decade of a dumpster fire. Though I suppose that might be more difficult for him to write about compared to Dan now.

Much easier for him to write this on his personal blog than in the paper or in the "official" My Take on Wake" Blog. He had to walk a fine line between telling hard truth and maintaining relationship and access to Wake.

I attended last nite and I will not make anymore home games until Danny Manning is removed. Dunk after dunk and layup after layup made me so angry. The substitution pattern was so disjointed. What a complete debacle.

Conner seems to tell the truth why couldn’t Dan ?

You’d think we tanked after Odom left instead we had a resurgence instead. Let’s not confuse the facts there.

. . . .

We wouldn't be discussing this had Skip not died.

Also, GDO had underachieved for his last several years at Wake. There were many issues. Remember. he toyed with moving to NC State and mused about how hard it was to recruit without the name of a state on your unis. He should be thanked for turning us around, but his time had passed at Wake.

We wouldn't be discussing this had Skip not died.

Also, GDO had underachieved for his last several years at Wake. There were many issues. Remember. he toyed with moving to NC State and mused about how hard it was to recruit without the name of a state on your unis. He should be thanked for turning us around, but his time had passed at Wake.

Agree. After that Butler-izing, it felt like time to move on.

Skip was a very different coach from Odom, but also had a decent amount of success and was a ton of fun.

It’s everything after Skip died that has been a disaster... Though in retrospect, Dino wasn’t terrible.

Dino is a very good assistant coach. I don't think he's a good head coach for a top level P6 school. The fact that he didn't get mentioned at any premier HC opportunities over the past decade reinforces my position.

Dave did some really good things here, but most coaching tenures have a shelf-life, and that one had seemed to reach its conclusion.

Dave did some really good things here, but most coaching tenures have a shelf-life, and that one had seemed to reach its conclusion.

Agree. But never going lower than 7-9 in the ACC and NIT was a damn good run. Skip had slipped much lower the 3 years before his passing.

Have a feeling that WF will be in position to beat Duke (like last year, when it was even more unlikely). Could see WF losing in the final seconds again, or possibly pulling the upset. FWIW, Bz's last home win as WF's coach was home win over a top 8 ranked Duke team.

This was a nice post from over a week ago... Aged well.

Back