• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Georgia Tech - Wednesday 7 pm RSN

Feels like a game we should win.

If not, I’ll conclude that the team has packed it in on the heels of the uninspiring Miami loss.

Ready for it all to end regardless.

Can't think of a better tribute to the '95 team than the #97 KP team taking down the #72 KP team. I have full confidence that Danny will have the boys ready.

Let him do more than just watch.... coach 'em up Odom!
I saw a few quotes from an interview that Odom did recently and he said that he stops by WF from time to time to check out practice & chat with Manning. It's seemingly apparent that anything he says has absolutely no effect on the stubborn leader of the Men's program.

Wait a darn minute ......

This game should be DM's shining moment. A team that fouls a lot, gives up lots of FT's, they can't shoot 3's at all, don't rebound on defense, turn the ball over and don't create turnovers. Only way it can go wrong is if we decide to shoot 30 3's against the one thing GT does well.

Last edited:
Wait a darn minute ......

This game should be DM's shining moment. A team that fouls a lot, gives up lots of FT's, they can't shoot 3's at all, don't rebound on defense, turn the ball over and don't create turnovers. Only way it can go wrong is if we decide to shoot 30 3's against the one thing GT does well.

So what you're saying is ... paint touches!!!

FT's and paint touches. GT just fell into this one. We score 35 from the line, write it down.

I don't every cheer against Wake, but this is a game I will likely NOT watch because it really benefits us long term if we lose this game. For obvious reasons.

I don't every cheer against Wake, but this is a game I will likely NOT watch because it really benefits us long term if we lose this game. For obvious reasons.

IT. DOESN'T. MATTER. He'll be gone when we can afford to buy him out. Any rational reason to keep Manning around for competitive reasons dissolved long ago ...

IT. DOESN'T. MATTER. He'll be gone when we can afford to buy him out. Any rational reason to keep Manning around for competitive reasons dissolved long ago ...

You do understand then that those few alumni who would fork over the money for the buyout - and will likely be in the building - need to be thoroughly convinced.

Thusly, if we win by 20 like when we beat unc, is not ideal.

You act like the buyout is some entity - it is essentially up to 2 to 5 people. Not Currie

On one hand, our team completely shitting the bed on a night when so many revered alumni are in attendance could push things over the edge.

On the other hand, I am a Wake Forest fan and I'd like tonight to be an enjoyable night.

Definitely understand jaybone not wanting to watch. I think this is one I'll tune in for, though.

If WF is going to win another game this season, this is it.

But I get the feeling that the enjoyment ends after the pre-game festivities and GT overcomes its slight underdog status for a 70-66 win.

If we lose this one then the path for another 20 loss season is still in play.

On one hand, our team completely shitting the bed on a night when so many revered alumni are in attendance could push things over the edge.

On the other hand, I am a Wake Forest fan and I'd like tonight to be an enjoyable night.

Definitely understand jaybone not wanting to watch. I think this is one I'll tune in for, though.

If I tune in, I'll root for them, cannot help it.

The team reminds me of watching Travis McKie. I liked him, liked his game, but understood why a Wake team with him as our #1 or #2 option was never going to make the Dance. I actually think this Wake team is for the most part playing to expectation. In some ways, this is Manning's best coaching effort. It makes sense, he was too green when we hired him, and not a dynamic leader at all, at least as a coach. For the life of me I can't reconcile the Kansas player that led a less than talented team to the national championship, willed them to a championship, with the milquetoast coach we've watched for the last half decade. Was Larry Brown the heart and soul of that team???

Anyway, I think Manning has figured some stuff out in the last 6 years - he's essentially a good Dad/coach - takes the kids to important historically significant locations in each city we travel to; suspends them when they don't meet expectations. I am sure he's a good/great guy and the model of consistency. He just doesn't make a very good program head. He would have been better off to stay at Tulsa and take advantage of the new college landscape in which mid conference teams can play themselves into the top 5/top 10. Tulsa would have been a safe to learn how to become a head coach with much less pressure.

I think the work the staff has done with Ody and Sarr has been pretty admirable. Our defense has been more intense and less bad this year.

All that said, it is too late to salvage.

Hoping Mit and Ben have parlayed the flush stock market of the past few years into more cash than they expected, providing enough buyout dollars for us to hit the reset button again.

Spurs next game is Friday night at Utah. Rodeo road trip continuing.

Thought about trying to watch for the first time this season, then I realized how many goddamn hoops I'd have to jump through to find the game since it's buried on ACCN. Pass.

Back