• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Georgia Tech - Wednesday 7 pm RSN

If I tune in, I'll root for them, cannot help it.

The team reminds me of watching Travis McKie. I liked him, liked his game, but understood why a Wake team with him as our #1 or #2 option was never going to make the Dance. I actually think this Wake team is for the most part playing to expectation. In some ways, this is Manning's best coaching effort. It makes sense, he was too green when we hired him, and not a dynamic leader at all, at least as a coach. For the life of me I can't reconcile the Kansas player that led a less than talented team to the national championship, willed them to a championship, with the milquetoast coach we've watched for the last half decade. Was Larry Brown the heart and soul of that team???

Anyway, I think Manning has figured some stuff out in the last 6 years - he's essentially a good Dad/coach - takes the kids to important historically significant locations in each city we travel to; suspends them when they don't meet expectations. I am sure he's a good/great guy and the model of consistency. He just doesn't make a very good program head. He would have been better off to stay at Tulsa and take advantage of the new college landscape in which mid conference teams can play themselves into the top 5/top 10. Tulsa would have been a safe to learn how to become a head coach with much less pressure.

I think the work the staff has done with Ody and Sarr has been pretty admirable. Our defense has been more intense and less bad this year.

All that said, it is too late to salvage.

Hoping Mit and Ben have parlayed the flush stock market of the past few years into more cash than they expected, providing enough buyout dollars for us to hit the reset button again.

Good post.

You could argue he did a good job with Ody and Sarr, as well as Collins and Moore in years past (although not playing Collins was dumb).

McKie as your #1 or #2 option is bad, because that means you have no talent and/or athleticism. I liked the talent and/or athleticism on these squads better:

Approx. 1991: Rogers, Childress, King, Tucker, Siler, McQueen, Owens, Blucas

Approx. 2009: Johnson, Aminu, Teague, Ish, LD Williams, Tony Woods, Weaver, Clark

Our defense has been more intense and less bad this year..

Defense currently 110 with some tough games left to play.

Past years: 125, 128, 176, 130, 186

So, maybe a little bit better. Better than last year, sure. But not really significantly better than Manning's best D's of the past.

Good post.

You could argue he did a good job with Ody and Sarr, as well as Collins and Moore in years past (although not playing Collins was dumb).

McKie as your #1 or #2 option is bad, because that means you have no talent and/or athleticism. I liked the talent and/or athleticism on these squads better:

Approx. 1991: Rogers, Childress, King, Tucker, Siler, McQueen, Owens, Blucas

Approx. 2009: Johnson, Aminu, Teague, Ish, LD Williams, Tony Woods, Weaver, Clark

Pretty amazing. Four guys on the 2009 list have 10+ year NBA careers. Only Rodney Rogers from the 1991 list did.

Thought about trying to watch for the first time this season, then I realized how many goddamn hoops I'd have to jump through to find the game since it's buried on ACCN. Pass.

It’s not on ACCN. It’s on regional Fox Sports station.

80 former players and coaches returning tonight. I care about this game very little, but that’s awesome to see.

I sure wish this game was on national tv. I might actually watch it.

With Timmy D and the whole squad on hand, I wonder if they bring back other Wake stars who are still local like Mugsy and Skip Brown.

And it's not on Dish in the Atlanta area. Can't believe it. I'm pissed.

Should be on Fox Sports Go online as well. Not sure about that, but I’d check it out if I were you.

Damn. Why couldn’t we be good when they were doing this. It’s honestly kind of embarrassing where we are at as a program, and all these guys are coming back. Maybe they did it on purpose to shame them into donating money to improve the current situation.

Either way, I feel bad it won’t be a packed house to honor Coach Odom and all of those players, and former staff members. They deserve better.

Incredible rendition of the national anthem by Josh.

Thank goodness this game is on a Wednesday and not a Tuesday.

Dave Odom wants the teams to slow the scoring down.

Back