• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you be excited if Beilein was the next Bball coach at Wake Forest?

Would you be excited if Beilein was the next Bball coach at Wake Forest?

• Yes

Votes: 134 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell yes hire him. This program needs an AED shock before the rebuild and he would do that. Shaka would too but the poll asked about Beilein.

I'm not concerned about any successor issues. If Beilein wants our job, then give it to him. We can work out any issues with Patrick when the time comes.

I would be very happy with Beilein. But I do not trust our administration on any long term decisions, so I wouldn’t want any question marks out there about a future successor. A long term commitment to an unworthy candidate is why we are where we are now.

“I want to call out the Cleveland Cavaliers. I thought what they did to coach Beilein was ridiculous, unprofessional,” Barkley said. “I think the veterans on that team were not leaders. I think the young guys on that team who can’t play think they are better than they are and they tried to get that man fired. They got that man fired ... I’m so disgusted by those players trying to get that man fired.

“John Beilein is a hell of a coach and I think he’s a good guy. But for those players to complain about ‘We’re practicing too hard, we’re watching too much film,’ because they stink. Because they stink. I just didn’t think that was fair. When a coach is wrong I’m going to call him out. When players are wrong I’m going to call them out. I’m disgusted by what the Cavaliers did to coach Beilein." - Charles Barkley

Well said, Round Mound.

I would be very happy with Beilein. But I do not trust our administration on any long term decisions, so I wouldn’t want any question marks out there about a future successor. A long term commitment to an unworthy candidate is why we are where we are now.

Seems like we're in a situation similar to Texas Tech with Bobby Knight. It's not ideal but may be worth it given our other options.

Which also turned into Chris Beard for them.

I mean ... only after 3 years of Pat Knight (46-54), coincidentally the same name as Beilein's son. And then that magical 8-23 year with Billy Gillespie. And whoever the hell Chris Walker was/is for 11-20. And 3 years of Tubby with an 18-36 record in the Big 12.

Well that was a fun trip down the rabbit hole of Texas Tech's coaching history. Point being, it's not like Knight's (either one) was parlayed into Chris Beard.

I mean ... only after 3 years of Pat Knight (46-54), coincidentally the same name as Beilein's son. And then that magical 8-23 year with Billy Gillespie. And whoever the hell Chris Walker was/is for 11-20. And 3 years of Tubby with an 18-36 record in the Big 12.

Well that was a fun trip down the rabbit hole of Texas Tech's coaching history. Point being, it's not like Knight's (either one) was parlayed into Chris Beard.

He was an assistant under Bob Knight and Pat. That's how he ended up there and has stayed loyal to them in the face of bigger offers like UT-Austin.

Maybe we can get Chris Walker Never heard of him, but I like him already.

He was an assistant under Bob Knight and Pat. That's how he ended up there and has stayed loyal to them in the face of bigger offers like UT-Austin.

Ah, had forgotten that part. My bad, I see what you were saying.

Still, that's a lot of turnover to finally be successful.

At this point, I might take Michael Knight or even Kitt.

Ah, had forgotten that part. My bad, I see what you were saying.

Still, that's a lot of turnover to finally be successful.

Yep. Sometimes you have to kiss a few toads. Problem is Wake tends to marry the toads and give them insane prenups so you cant get divorced.

Yep. Sometimes you have to kiss a few toads. Problem is Wake tends to marry the toads and give them insane prenups so you cant get divorced.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to knowell again.

Yes

Beilein!!! Beilein!!! Beilein!!!

to all shaka fanboys out there

Only voted no due to age. I don't think he is the long term answer to Wake hoops. Of course, excitement is relative and it would get me interested in Wake hoops again. Just don't want to have to search for another coach in 3-4 years.

You people who think he's too old realize that he signed a huge 5-year contract with the Cavs 9 months ago, right ?

There is no offseason in NBA. Think that is much more manageable than college. I'd be less worried of his age if he wasn't starting completely over.

Hell yes!!!
I graduated from LeMoyne College in 1987 and he was brilliant and exciting then. It doesn't need to be forever, but he would fix the current abyss as a baseline achievement.

Back