• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jen Hoover Replacement Search Thread

Apparently side mirror clipped the older lady, she fell & hit her head. Unfortunately she did die from this accident. Sylvia's deal at UNC was a trumped up charge from a disgruntled player and her Mom from what I have heard about it. Not getting enough playing time so she "said" the coach used certain words, which were not verified but taken as gospel by AD Cunningham just so he could replace her. She had not been willing to take the fall for Roy & men's basketball like they had hoped so they were out to get.

She was widely disliked by a lot of players. This wasn't a simple case of one disgruntled player. She had a horrible track record on how she treated players/staff and wasn't liked by many in the UNC family.

I’m all for bringing Shea Ralph back to NC. She has one of the most storied careers in NC HS sports history. But if she was going to leave UCONN I’m sure she would have done it by now.

And we’ve tried the UCONN route with Charlene Curtis and it failed miserably. By the way, I had no idea she was the ACC supervisor of women’s basketball officials until she retired last year.

Tennessee had a very good women's basketball program for a very long time. I imagine that Curry would start there if he were replacing Hoover.

Back