• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NYC recommendation thread

i dunno, i think it's kind of funny to suggest he go where a famous gangster assassination took place

townie, you are such a sad little man. Years ago, I had hoped you might grow. Unfortunately, you haven't.

Keep taking cheap, punk shots as it makes you feel better about yourself.

If you do want to walk through Little Italy and then get a good meal, Pasquale Jones is fantastic. I also think you'd like Russ & Daughters. We had a good bottomless brunch at Pig and Khao.

I've spent a lot of time and money at Mother's Ruin around the corner from there. Tom and Jerry's is fun. Randolph has good beer selection. Sweet & Vicious sucks real bad but I've also spent a lot of time there. Home Sweet Home is great late night for dancing. Can get Prince St Pizza around there too, which is great.

I wouldn't recommend the two places rj suggested in Chinatown either. Can see where my brother in law had his rehearsal dinner, it was terrific.

What time in the morning does Uber start at Laguardia ?

i dunno, i think it's kind of funny to suggest he go where a famous gangster assassination took place

That's exactly the point for a bunch of drunken buddies celebrating a b'day. :cool:

Too bad, Townie is so blinded.

rj the reason i make fun of your recommendations is they're typically like, "idk if this place is still around but they made a fine brandy alexander in 1977"

The only place I did on that list was Ace. But keep rationalizing...

lol pull up the philly restaurants thread, you recommended like half a dozen places that no longer exist

out of curiosity how often do you get to new york, rj?

Stop at Mudville Nine -Chambers and W. Broadway- TERRIFIC burgers, ribs, wings

Bert, Cedric Kucshner, and I got drunk and out of control at Mudville. The bartender called my buddy knowing that he was manager of couple of boxers.

He showed up at bar, picked up the tab and got a car for the drunken boxing industry legends and me. Krushner asked my buddy how much he was out being manager of a certain fighter. Kunshner promised to use him as an "opponent" on an upcoming card to help out.

My buddy didn't think anything of it until the contract came. Kurchner was drunk of his ass but still kept his word...well this time...

Sugar and I tell that story all the time.

lol pull up the philly restaurants thread, you recommended like half a dozen places that no longer exist

out of curiosity how often do you get to new york, rj?

I go every couple of years. I used to go more.

ok fair enough

knowing what palma likes i bet he'd love peter luger in BK

You are talking about a man that posts on a Wake Forest message board but hasn’t stepped for on said campus in decades so yeah it kind of fits.

ok fair enough

knowing what palma likes i bet he'd love peter luger in BK

I would have put Peter Luger on there except a couple of my friends who live in NYC have said it's been hit and miss there a bit over the past year or two. Of course, one of their problems is all the tourists that go there now.

It's not like I told palma to go to CBGB or the Bottom Line.

Peter Luger just got an awful review in the Times. I think zero stars, maybe one.

surprised no one suggested Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and/or Olive Garden at times square. fun 1-2 bar crawl punch plus great food !

I would have put Peter Luger on there except a couple of my friends who live in NYC have said it's been hit and miss there a bit over the past year or two. Of course, one of their problems is all the tourists that go there now.

Peter Luger just got an awful review in the Times. I think zero stars, maybe one.

this was the reference i was making, it's a touristy, overpriced steakhouse where palmas can pay by the oz for beef

Back