• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NYC recommendation thread

Too bad they have closed down almost all of the Blarney Stones. They could have done a pub crawl of just Blarney Stones. :)

palma, no matter how drunk you get, you can't get the handsome cabs to have a race around the park.

this was the reference i was making, it's a touristy, overpriced steakhouse where palmas can pay by the oz for beef

You said nothing like that until I did.

"knowing what palma likes i bet he'd love peter luger in BK"

what did you think i meant by "knowing what palma likes"

Plama go for broke and hit up Masa, the most expensive restaurant in the country

Last edited:
what did you think i meant by "knowing what palma likes"

I've been to Peter Luger and have never seen a menu that is by the ounce as you say trying to explain your post. You can can get shared size (for 2-4 people) steaks, but you couldn't order a 9 oz, 14 oz steak or a 17 oz like you can at high end steakhouses featuring kobe or wagyu.

yea i haven't been, not a steakhouse guy, just know some palmas who love it

5 star lock that at least half of RJ's recommendations are either closed or 3 starred on Yelp.

5 star lock that at least half of RJ's recommendations are either closed or 3 starred on Yelp.

how much would you like to bet?

Man, you are really invested in your insane hatred. Get some help. If I can engender this online, I can't imagine how bad you could get in real life.

Or like this:

https://www.viamichelin.com/web/Restaurant/New_York-10038-Dim_Sum_Go_Go-2v1wdivo

"MICHELIN GUIDE
This wildly popular joint is still packed to the gills most days, and for good reason: the Cantonese fare and dim sum served here is as good as the food you’ll find in those authentic places in far-flung Queens. Even better, they take reservations—and dim sum orders are taken by the staff, thereby ensuring that the food stays fresh. However, guests should avoid shared tables during the weekend rush as service can verge on chaotic.

If the price seems a bit higher than its competitors, you’ll find it’s worth it for dishes like sweet shrimp, rolled in rice paper and laced with dark soy sauce. Plump snow pea leaf dumplings are spiked with vibrant ginger and garlic and may be tailed by rich duck dumplings or an irresistibly flaky roast pork pie."

Hmmm...who would have more quality reviews, Yelp (home of dry cleaner ratings) or Michelin (home of rating the best restaurants in the world)?

Add to this, Townie is giving recommendations for places he's never visited (Peter Luger) vs. my actual having been there. Hmmmmm

how much would you like to bet?

Man, you are really invested in your insane hatred. Get some help. If I can engender this online, I can't imagine how bad you could get in real life.

I bet you one million $500 bar tabs and a billion bus driver hellos.

I've been to Dim Sum Go Go, it sucks and the service is awful. There are some gems in Chinatown, but that isn't one of them. Royal Seafood is good, and I've heard good things about Dim Sum VIP which is newer. Don't go to Dim Sum Go Go though, bib gourmand or no.

Luger was a sarcastic rec, I'm sure Palma knows it. Gallagher's is supposed to be legit, but again I'm not a steakhouse guy. I gave a few sincere recs around Nolita. Again, palma if you want to say what part of brooklyn you're staying in I could probably give some recommendations out there too.

Back