• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NYC recommendation thread

Brooklyn is pretty cool. I enjoyed my time there much more than Manhattan. Had a killer breakfast at Egg. Had a list of restaurants that we went to but it seems like it didn’t make it to my new phone. Been a couple of years since I was last there. Gotta get some pizza from Johns of Bleecker.

Interesting if you correct for body mass you would assume that townie > RJ for drinking ability but then you get RJ > townie for activity level.

Speaking of restaurants in Times Square, I have actually eaten at the Buffalo Wild Wings there. NYC is great for almost all types of food. Shockingly, the wings on average are pretty terrible though. So terrible that I voluntarily went out of my way to go to BWW to get average wings.

I will caveat that by saying that I lived in Midtown East. If there are great wings in other parts of NYC like on Staten Island or something, I certainly wasn't going to venture that far to find them.

If you happen to find yourself in Midtown East, pizza at Sofia is excellent and the ramen at Teppen Ramen is incredible.

I liked the wings at Mudville 9 in Tribeca. For beer drinkers, they used to have a 90 minute all you can eat wings and drink beer deal.

If the weather is nice a walk north on Fifth Ave toward Central Park might be appreciated by your bride. Do it on Friday or Monday at noon for an experience not easily replicated elsewhere.

If the weather is nice a walk north on Fifth Ave toward Central Park might be appreciated by your bride. Do it on Friday or Monday at noon for an experience not easily replicated elsewhere.

The Highline is the preferred park walk nowadays imo.

Thank you to Mayor Bloomberg for creating this park for America !!

The Highline suffers from the same thing that every other pretty good attraction in NYC suffers from. If it's a nice day to do that attraction, everyone else thinks the same thing and it will be crazy crowded.

Then again, my basic take on NYC is that it's pretty cool, but not cool enough to justify the crowds and expense. NYC on nice summer days when a good chunk of the city goes to the Hamptons on the other hand, that's a fantastic city. :)

Speaking of restaurants in Times Square, I have actually eaten at the Buffalo Wild Wings there. NYC is great for almost all types of food. Shockingly, the wings on average are pretty terrible though. So terrible that I voluntarily went out of my way to go to BWW to get average wings.

I will caveat that by saying that I lived in Midtown East. If there are great wings in other parts of NYC like on Staten Island or something, I certainly wasn't going to venture that far to find them.

If you happen to find yourself in Midtown East, pizza at Sofia is excellent and the ramen at Teppen Ramen is incredible.

I liked the wings at Shortys when there for the Pinstripe Bowl. Only other wings I ever had there were Brother Jimmys and they were just okay.

Back