• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Purge

full-fledged-brownshirts.jpg

Ginni Thomas, noted Facebook Crazy (and wife of Clarence Thomas), has been pushing Trump directly to get rid of some staffers deemed insufficiently loyal and to hire crazy people.

What a world.

Sadly I don’t think media are sufficiently explaining how this is any different than usual. That’s the problem with crying wolf about government.

Sadly I don’t think media are sufficiently explaining how this is any different than usual. That’s the problem with crying wolf about government.

I agree. Based on the passive way in which the media is describing the purge (that’s the right word), people have no reason to be alarmed.

The White House this week confirmed it is combing through federal agencies to identify employees not sufficiently loyal to President Trump to facilitate their ouster, sparking concerns the administration could run afoul of long-established civil service laws.

The administration is examining employees throughout the government to find anyone taking action officials decide represents an effort to undermine Trump, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News Monday. Gidley did not specifically mention career employees, who are statutorily protected against political retaliation, but did note the “millions” of individuals agencies employ. By contrast, there are only about 4,000 political appointees in government.

“It’s not a secret that we want people in positions that work with this president, not against him, and too often we have people in this government—I mean the federal government is massive, with millions of people—and there are a lot people out there taking action against this president and when we find them we will take appropriate action,” Gidley said.

His comments followed reports in Axios that the administration maintains “deep state” hit lists of employees to fire and the president has tasked the head of the Presidential Personnel Office, Johnny McEntee, to purge “bad people” who are not loyal to him. The latter report mentioned only political appointees, who serve at the pleasure of the president and can be dismissed at will, but Gidley’s comments this week appeared to go further.

Horrendous and entirely unsurprising.

Thanks, Republicans.

Boy, Trump has really learned his lesson from that impeachment fight! Susan Collins really nailed the takeaway on that one. It's Trump Unleashed, Baby!

Boy, Trump has really learned his lesson from that impeachment fight! Susan Collins really nailed the takeaway on that one. It's Trump Unleashed, Baby!

Said it before but he did learn his lesson. No accountability. It's just beginning. If he wins look for shit to get really crazy.

Back