• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan takes Well-Man to task in 2012 interview!

If you look at Andre Washington, you look at everything he does athletically, it’s pretty exciting.Facepalm

Thomas was a 200+ ranked recruit.

I’d have to go back and look at the highest ranked.

Honestly, given his (lack of) personality I am surprised he got anybody to play for him.

Agreed. And I was thinking who turned out to be the best players. His best commit was probably Haas. He had a really good career at Purdue, despite the VD lawsuit.

Makes me physically ill to read that garbage from Wellman.

This interview typified the tenure of RW at Wake Forest. The man had such ego that he thought he could make no mistakes in any decision he made. He asked nobody their opinions about things and made basically every decision himself and was so self-righteous. That culture garbage was just so bogus!

Tacy was not the life of the party but at least he got recruits and coached 'em up.

True that! Tacy always had great guards [Skip, Rudd, Young, Muggsy] and he had them all feed the post with bounce passes. plus he taught the big men like Rod Griffin, Teachey, et al how to hunker down and spread wide to be able to accept the entry pass. I was getting into college basketball officiating the year Muggsy was a freshman and we went to the Final 8 & "Retired Meyer" and I did about 30 of Tacy's practices that year to get experience. While he was not near the in-game tactician, he was the master strategist in practice at devising game plans against the other teams.

Back