• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Duke at WF - LJVM - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN

Sharone Wright and Rodney Rogers were probably the two most physically imposing stars of the early 90s ACC. Man.

I hope James Forrest is doing well.

Hope Brandon doesn't sell the movie rights to his life too cheaply:

Highlights of Dad setting records and hitting game winning shot to win ACC Tournament.
Shot of Dad's son in back yard shooting ball, pretending to be dad.
Son follows his dad to his alma mater.
Program is not the same. Struggles instead of success.
Doubters, critics, even self-doubt plague the son....for four years.
Senior season. Duke game. 0-10, 1 min to play....
You know how it ends. Emotional post-game interview. Carried off on shoulders.

We need a Wake movie with happy tears for a change.

It’s been a whole 9 years since a feel good film has been made about a Wake sports season. Got to get back on track.

Our new coach will have at least 3 players(Neath, Brown and Saar) to build around.

You’re more optimistic than I am about Sarr coming back. He may see real money from the European leagues.

Guy played professional ball, has had steady employment since his playing career ended, and still has to set up a GoFundMe page for medical procedures. Fuck Trump, Fuck the GOP, and Fuck our ridiculous healthcare system.

Go fund me? Free money. Let them pay my medical bills.

Are regular season titles even that important to Duke, especially with an unbalanced schedule? They have still won a natty in the last 5 years and made two other elite 8s and another sweet 16 and two ACC tournament titles.

I hate Duke, but that overall is elite program performance.
Ehhh. Back in the late '80s- early '90s, Ratface K used to whine HARD about "everyone ignoring" all the regular season ties & finishes that Dook would have while UNC/Wake/Maryland etc were winning the ACC Tourney. He never really shut the fuck up about it until Dook started that streak of like, what, seven straight ACC Tourney titles.
So, yeah, Ratface is a fucking hypocrite.

Those poor students have missed out on so many memories. Good that they got to taste one but imagine being a senior and wondering how many more awesome games you could have been a part of if we had had a competent program.

Then again, they had football, which this 90’s Deac is definitely jealous of.

Count me in the I'd be surprised if Sarr is back camp.

Early in this season, I would have disagreed. But Sarr has really come on as this season has progressed. He is at the top of his game right now. The light has come on for him.

The question for Sarr is whether he wants to play in the NBA or Europe. If he likes our new coach, he'll return. Playing in the French league will always be there for him.

I have to agree with RJ. If he likes our new coach (or, god forbid, Danny ) and he wants to go to the NBA instead of overseas/starting in the G-League he may return next year.
Either way though, he's definitely come a long way these past three years.

meh. Not so sure. Granted I turned off when we went down 9 when the Dukie made that shot off airball and foul, but even when happened to turn back on and catch end of 1st OT and through 2nd OT I really was numb and indifferent. Maybe it was genuine fear if a W could turn things around for Manning, but I remember how shocked I was on my indifference. Normally I'm shouting @ the TV and hollering for fouls, etc, but really didn't care if we won or not. As someone said earlier even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while and hard to get excited if a fluke and you know your team is trash and has no fundamentals.

And talk about melodramatic. Congrats to Brandon for the big W, but you have been on one of the worse WF teams over the last 4 years so lets not make it out as you being a world beater. That was almost comical.

Very encouraging to see the play of Neath and Sarr as Sarr was a beast and if he can ever figure out how to use his size to be an elite rebounder that young man could go places....

The comment about Brandon is fucked up. Have you ever heard of catharsis? His disappointing career was about to end without beating Duke and only one other great home win (Louisville, 2 years ago). He went from no points in Durham and 0-10 during the first 39 minutes to the best 11 minutes of his career. How can you criticize authentic emotion like that?

I saw that GoFundMe for Wright last week and wondered if the NCAA would call it an impermissible benefit if a Wake fan gave money. Hard to tell if the NCAA or the American healthcare system is more fucked up.

Sarr should absolutely test the draft waters. No reason to not see where he stands. If he is guaranteed to get picked he has to go.

If Manning returns (shudder.....) then Sarr is gone. He has learned all he is going to learn from Manning. If we have a new coach and he does a good sell job on Sarr, then I think it is 50/50 if he returns. Sarr has come a LONG way and I'll give Manning credit for that ,however Manning remains a coach who can help certain players get better but still lose games on the court.

I saw that GoFundMe for Wright last week and wondered if the NCAA would call it an impermissible benefit if a Wake fan gave money. Hard to tell if the NCAA or the American healthcare system is more fucked up.

Can't see it being a violation if you're giving to his father, but as with most NCAA stuff, * unsure shrug*.

Guy played professional ball, has had steady employment since his playing career ended, and still has to set up a GoFundMe page for medical procedures. Fuck Trump, Fuck the GOP, and Fuck our ridiculous healthcare system.

LOL

Back