• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Duke at WF - LJVM - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN

Pilchard

Reaction score
The nation's 45-day wait for the Dook/WF rematch ends tomorrow night.

Season update: On January 11, Duke edged WF by 31 (90-59). Since that game, the Devils have posted an 8-3 mark with road losses to Clemson (#63) and State (#50) and home loss to #9 L'ville (WF is 3-8 since the loss at Cameron). While WF had a bye this weekend, on Saturday, Duke pounded the young and tired Hokies by 24 (Duke led 51-25 at the half and outrebounded VT 49-31). The only change in the Devils since the first WF/Duke meeting is Wendell Moore's return as he missed six games in January including the WF game. Currently, Duke leads the ACC in effective FG% (54%), and they continue to maul conference teams inside with their size - Duke leads the ACC in 2 PT FG% (also, 54%) and 56% of the Devil offense comes from 2 point shots (#3). Dook is #2 in the ACC in effective FG% D (45%), and they are first in defending against the 3 in ACC play (conference opponents shoot 28% from deep). Duke likes to play fast they are the #1 conference team in tempo.

Here is the link to the prior KP report on Duke: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/32023-KP-Report-WF-Dook-Saturday-8-pm-ACCN

KP Projection: 80-70 Duke win. KP rates Deacs' chances at stealing a win at 17%. Last year, Duke crushed WF in January (87-64), and then, WF just missed the pulling a shocker in the rematch falling 71-70 as Chaundee's put-back just rolled off the rim. While tomorrow' rematch will be closer than the embarrassing loss in January at Cameron, Duke's no-show at State last week makes a second let-down in a week far less likely. Given Duke's status as a public team, guessing the line with be 11+, if so, like the rested Deacs to stay under the number, but lose. Just 4 KP reports to go...

More Puke Blue than black and gold in the building. We get blown out like Mannequins toilet after eating at the Ale House. Tuesday, March 10th cant come soon enough!!!

The only question I have is whether more Duke fans show up than Wake fan.

Don't forget WFU is trying to make back some of the money lost this season so parking is $20.

:wtf:

They charged $20 last year for the "blue" games as well.

Last edited:
What would have really sucked last year to make it horrible for all of us Deacon fans is that Chaundee's put back was still in his hand as the clock hit :00.0 so if it had gone in and they had to review it, we would have been doubly heart broken as it would have been overturned and not counted.

kaye torn between crushing Wake and letting them squeeze one out so DM is retained with wins over UNC, dook and Clemson. Progress!

kaye torn between crushing Wake and letting them squeeze one out so DM is retained with wins over UNC, dook and Clemson. Progress!
Duke is playing for the ACC regular season title & seeding in the NCAA tournament. No way in hell Duke is thinking about anything other than taking care of business, especially with the NC State game semi-fresh in their minds.

Current line is Duke -10.5. I'd put some cash down on that. Knowing Dimwit Danny, he'll find a way to lose by 21.

Current line is Duke -10.5. I'd put some cash down on that. Knowing Dimwit Danny, he'll find a way to lose by 21.

24. RIP Kobe. #tribute

Kansas new #1. Just how didn't some winning attributes get into Danny, even through osmosis. :dumb:

All Danny does is.... LOSE.

Social media indicates this will be a Dook home game.

All the Walmart dookies looking for tickets and Wake fans are happy to sell.

i'm sure no one finds this shocking. I don't even consider it sad anymore. i'm only tuning in to see how bad duke beats them. will be pissed if there is a miracle.
fuck me

We lose big and remain fucked, because Manning will still be our coach tomorrow.

+11.5 on the ol' Deacs is tempting as heck...

A week of rest
A week to prepare
A home game
A big number where we could easily back door cover with a couple of BChill's trademarked garbage time 3s

But I just can't pull the trigger because I feel like we'll have Duke's full attention given they need to position themselves for the ACC & NCAA tourneys, while we need to position ourselves into DFL in the ACC.

Back