• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Duke at WF - LJVM - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN

This is the only game I attended in person all season, and that's because it was a company outing. Will now suggest moar company outings ...

Clearly your company needs to get a suite next season.

Yep. We may have cost Duke the regular season title. Pretty big. Happy for all the students and even the coaches.
We have some decent pieces if the new coach can keep everyone with eligibility.
Don’t think this helps Manning much, if any. Took way too long to figure out Neath is pretty good.

holy crap that was fun...I started out hoping that Duke was going to blow us out and put the nail in Danny's coffin, but it was so much fun to see this team actually do something right. And Childress...feel so happy for that kid. This is his moment right here. This is the game that he never forgets.

One thing I thought about at the end is that a potential new coach can watch this and see that Wake has some pieces in place, its just awful coaching that has doomed them for 6 years. I'm intrigued about Sarr, chaundee, Neath, Oguama , Muscius if I'm a coach thinking about a move to winston salem.

This^^^^

Neath has a high basketball IQ. He can really run the point.

Glad for Chaundee, really glad.

Missed th B Chill interview. What did he say?

He was very emotional. Talked about all of the people who told him that he wasn’t good enough to play in the ACC. Thanked the coaches for believing in him.

Said that he had a long prayer last night and, after everything he’d been through this season, asked God that he be able to enjoy the last couple of games with his teammates.

I think he enjoyed this one.

Coming back from down 9 with 1:21 left is shocking. Impossible as a fan to not be happy for the players. This gives them a memory for them to cherish amongst all the awfulness they’ve had to endure. Very similar to Travis McKie getting that farewell victory before Wake ushered in a new regime.
Now we’ll see how they come back for Senior “night”.

Manning or no manning, this was a great night for MSD. And it will be enjoyed for a very long time. So proud of the way the guys fought until the end.

Looking for 5 tickets to take 3 little grands to the ND game. Only game that fit after nap time. Gotta get them seeing how it can be fun. Their dad's first Deacon game was when he was 2 weeks old behind the bench

Were still 14th in the ACC. Manning is still our coach.

After watching Kennard kill us a few years ago.

After seeing Chaundee’s put back rim out at Cameron last year.

After seeing so much cocky Walmart blue boo our own players, loudly, on their home floor.

After all that and so much more, I not only celebrate this win, I revel in it.

Thank you Deacs. You played your asses off tonight and didn’t quit.

Very happy for the whole team. It's been painful but I've enjoyed watching the guys compete this year and am happy they got a few memorable W's.

Really happy for Childress, he deserved a game like this before his career ended. The little fade from the elbow he hit when the WAKE FOREST chant was picking up was really cool.

The most important thing about this win to me is that the student section was full and experienced this. One memory like that from college goes a long way towards staying a fan forever. We’ve lost a ton of those.

The most important thing about this win to me is that the student section was full and experienced this. One memory like that from college goes a long way towards staying a fan forever. We’ve lost a ton of those.

This and I bet we also reeled in a few young kids into our sick cult of deacon fandom. Poor souls.

Back