• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper just announced five more weeks of Phase 2 in North Carolina, which will put us on the other side of Labor Day.

Could be a false positive if he continues to be asymptomatic given his age and respiratory issues. A friend's 82 year old mom on oxygen and at death's door tested positive but never had symptoms. Tested negative 2 weeks later when she had to get a medical procedure done. That said, hope DeWine doesn't become symptomatic. He's been 1 of the better Pub governors on the pandemic.

Come on - quit testing people before they meet with Trump. It's making the US numbers look bad, right? I know the books and manuals say too much testing is bad.

The US State Department just lifted their global travel warning. Advice will again be given on a case by case basis as previously done.

The US State Department just lifted their global travel warning. Advice will again be given on a case by case basis as previously done.

how many countries around the globe can we even travel to? Mexico and Turkey and maybe a handful of others.

how many countries around the globe can we even travel to? Mexico and Turkey and maybe a handful of others.

We can enter about 10 without any restrictions and a bunch of others with a negative test results in the previous 48 hours.

Sounds like someone remembered to tell the state dept to open up. We're ready for business everyone!

how does that work in a world where test turnaround time is longer than 48 hours?

Really depends on the place. You can get 24 hour results in a lot of US cities if you're willing to pay. Some countries are opening 2 to 3 hour testing facilities in their airports, particularly connecting hubs. So you get tested and have your result when you land. Other places like Iceland test you on arrival and text you the results later that day, in the meantime you have to quarantine.

All I can say is it is an absolute travesty that testing results are taking so long. My wife and I went for a scheduled test last Friday after being told three days earlier that we faced possible exposure.
Still no results as of this morning, the 7th day. It has now been 14 days symptom free so we no longer will be quarantining ourselves but WTF?
How can we expect to control this thing if test results take this long?

All I can say is it is an absolute travesty that testing results are taking so long. My wife and I went for a scheduled test last Friday after being told three days earlier that we faced possible exposure.
Still no results as of this morning, the 7th day. It has now been 14 days symptom free so we no longer will be quarantining ourselves but WTF?
How can we expect to control this thing if test results take this long?

"It is what it is."

We've had 4 collective tests in my household over the last 3 months. The three done by WFBH took roughly 24 hours to come back and the 4th done by the VA took 2.5 days. All negative. We needed quick turnarounds so kids could return to daycare in all the cases. I'd be livid if my whole family had to sit around for over a week stressing about possibly being ill and exposing each other while using up even more of our time off and wasting money on daycare that we aren't permitted to access without a negative test. What the hell is going on in some of these places?

Summon forth the QAnon loons - both the "chip implant" nuts and the anti-vaxxers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back