• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limbaugh is a horrible human being. He’s responsible for a tremendous propagation of deception, dishonesty, propaganda and disinformation.

Naturally, he’s a Republican hero.

“What if the current Ebola outbreak mixes with the Coronavirus outbreak, I mean they are both RNA virus, we will finally have the airborne Ebola transmission” - The poster I forget who tried to make airborne Ebola a thing

NIH is saying spread of Corona in the US is inevitable.

What's amazing to me is that Dr. Anthony Fauci is still around and active. He was the US leader in discovering much about HIV/AIDS in the early 80s.

BREAKING … THIS SOUNDS REALLY, REALLY BAD … NYT: “Americans should brace for the likelihood that the coronavirus will spread to communities in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday.

“‘It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen in this country any more but a question of when this will happen,’ said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. She said that public health officials have no idea whether spread of the disease to the United States would be mild or severe, but that Americans should be ready for a significant disruption to their daily lives.

“‘We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad,’ Dr. Messonnier said.”

what does the CDC suggest we do to prepare? i can't seem to find anything except "we might send kids to school in small groups" and "use slack/skype to do business"

what does the CDC suggest we do to prepare? i can't seem to find anything except "we might send kids to school in small groups" and "use slack/skype to do business"

Trump's Acting Director of the CDC says we should avoid Chinese restaurants and pizza.

Home school
Private religious schools where students can still pray the virus away
Arm teachers with anti-viral guns
Virusproof backpacks

Honestly there’s not much you can do as general public. The whole point of quarantine procedures and travel bans is for the government itself to prepare, to work with state and local authorities to come up with procedures to mitigate impacts, buy time for vaccines and drugs to be tested and be developed. The administration thinks that in itself is enough, we will just I guess isolate ourselves, which probably was fine for something with low transmission rates like Ebola where direct contact and symptoms to spread disease are necessary. Here you have something that has a long incubation period, different symptoms for different people, and other factors that make containment hard. When Ebola was first ramping up Obama began building out the infrastructure needed, as has been pointed out before the trump administration has hollowed that out.

Not sure if CDC is under Exec branch but if so I have to think the Director will have a pink slip on her desk tomorrow am coming out like she did within hours after Trump says all is well - nothing to see here.....

What a fiasco.

the government suggests, as a general emergency precaution, that you should store 1 gallon of water per person per day for two weeks. where the fuck are most people going to store that much water?

Trump told me that it doesn't like warm weather, so we gucci in a month, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back