• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

every bracket I've ever turned in was due Thursday morning; time to change to KSU (or whoever they played on Thursday/Friday) by then

So now the measuring stick for whether you are in the tournament or not is whether your game is included in a national gambling pastime? Ok.

So how many teams "made" the tournament in 1979? Or in any of the years between 1980 and when it expanded to 64 teams? I'm not trying to defend anybody or say that making the first four was any great feat - I am just a logical guy and illogical thought bugs me. If the NCAA says that the tournament consists of 40 teams, or 52 teams, or 64 teams, or 68 teams - or 128 teams someday - if my team is on the list of that many teams then they "made" the tournament. You don't have to celebrate it but don't deny reality just to crap on the program - it is plenty craptastic anyway.

So now the measuring stick for whether you are in the tournament or not is whether your game is included in a national gambling pastime? Ok.

So how many teams "made" the tournament in 1979? Or in any of the years between 1980 and when it expanded to 64 teams? I'm not trying to defend anybody or say that making the first four was any great feat - I am just a logical guy and illogical thought bugs me. If the NCAA says that the tournament consists of 40 teams, or 52 teams, or 64 teams, or 68 teams - or 128 teams someday - if my team is on the list of that many teams then they "made" the tournament. You don't have to celebrate it but don't deny reality just to crap on the program - it is plenty craptastic anyway.

Chris said he had WF winning two games in the bracket. I pointed out that he could have easily changed this. I'm not talking about 1979

Chris said he had WF winning two games in the bracket. I pointed out that he could have easily changed this. I'm not talking about 1979

Sorry, Guy, assumed you were piling on to the first four is not in the tournament argument - if you weren't then never mind... Your point is correct...

I don't think you have to pick the First Four winners in a bracket contest like ESPN -- you can have the winner of the game advance after that but it'll be written as Kansas State/Wake Forest

I always assumed that the homes that Clawson and Manning reside are in owned by Wake. AIR, Clawson lives in Prosser's old home, yes ?

No. Clawson and Manning live within about 3 miles of one another and it's NOT Wake housing. How do I know this? My sister lives down the street from Clawson.

Manning has a house in the same development as some family friends, and pretty sure he owns it himself. Very close to the Wellmans, though not same development.

I believe Dave and Lyn Odom reside in the Prosser home at the moment.

WOW, it's a lovely large home and property....drove by it once or twice. In fact all the homes in that immediate area are very, very nice. That has to be the top neighborhood in Winston-Salem, yes ?

But can't recall the street name....

You're so right. I know nothing. I've never known anything or anyone.

Just believe Townie.

But in this case, Townie is right, isn't he?

Specifically, you have never talked to an agent about buyout negotiations or any other discussion with a lawyer/agent about buyout specifics. Perhaps I am wrong, but we are all just spitballing here. I'm assuming you are too. I think your prior spitball (Danny ain't getting anything more than $12mil) is some un-great spit-balling. I know that if you owed ME $15 million over 5 years and offered me $12 today, I would laugh you out the door. I'd probably accept $14 mil though - just to be rid of you.

Hard to tell if this is true sifting through the typical posters' pissing matches... I hope this is true! Please be true! I also hope we could find someone other than Beilein (SP?).

Just got called by my wake ticket rep asking to renew football season tickets. Told him I won't do that if Manning is retained and am waiting to see what happens. His response was I'm certain we'll have an announcement soon. I was shocked he stated that because he's never ever commented on wake AD dealings before even when I prodded. It's as if the Ron Wellman Berlin Wall has come down and the peasants are finding their freedoms.

Just got called by my wake ticket rep asking to renew football season tickets. Told him I won't do that if Manning is retained and am waiting to see what happens. His response was I'm certain we'll have an announcement soon. I was shocked he stated that because he's never ever commented on wake AD dealings before even when I prodded. It's as if the Ron Wellman Berlin Wall has come down and the peasants are finding their freedoms.

In other words, actually being honest with their customers? What will they think of next.

Apparently this is a new day. I cannot recall any leaks from Wellman's office. And, even though I want information, I do respect the ability to prevent leaks. However, there is a distinct possibility that these leaks are purposeful and not accidental. In either case, it signals a new day.

Manning has a house in the same development as some family friends, and pretty sure he owns it himself. Very close to the Wellmans, though not same development.

True that. He bought a house previously owned by a Deacon Club member then had it modified at the doors, etc for height. Very nice house from what I can remember of the neighborhood.

WOW, it's a lovely large home and property....drove by it once or twice. In fact all the homes in that immediate area are very, very nice. That has to be the top neighborhood in Winston-Salem, yes ?

But can't recall the street name....

Some really nice homes and old Winston-Salem money in that neighborhood. It's probably between that area and Stone Oaks for nicest/largest/most expensive homes in Winston.

Hard to tell if this is true sifting through the typical posters' pissing matches... I hope this is true! Please be true! I also hope we could find someone other than Beilein (SP?).

I, too, hope we can find someone besides the best coach available!!!

Back