• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

If we want a quick turnaround, we need an experienced coach worse reputation will draw top recruits and who has the knowledge to spot the best recruits for his system.

If we are willing to build a more solid program without necessarily getting more than 3* recruits initially, we should look for a younger coach who provides some evidence that he is willing to build a career here and not jump to a larger school should the offer come. Of course, there are no guarantees unless we want to give a ten year extension the first time he wins more than 15 games. Which hopefully we will never do again!

I do not understand why anyone would not drive to Beilein's house and pack him up and move him to WS if he would take the WFU job? Age should not be an issue.

B-Line is 67.
Jim Boeheim is 75.
Roy Williams is 69.
Coach K is 73.
Leonard Hamilton is 71.

Donald Trump is 73.
Joe Biden is 77.
Bernie Sanders is 78.

so the 11 seeds that play in Dayton and especially the ones that win that night aren't really in the tournament?
So VCU going from First Four to Final Four in 2011 didn't really count for them as being in the tournament?
did you feel that way when they took the tournament from 32 to 48 in 1980 or 48 to 64 in 1985?
1991 was really the only "Play in games" with six teams playing each other (Saint Francis, Pennsylvania versus Fordham; Coastal Carolina versus Jackson State; NE Louisiana versus Florida A&M) before the tournament bracket was ever announced.

The ones that win the play in game are in the tournament. The ones that lose are not.

This is pretty simple.

IS-3faa5t4wfsd9.webp

WTF is this in Manning's house?!?!

You clearly gave trash/peasant taste, that’s dope.

I really hope Manning demands the entire payout. What does the guy get for leading his team to the NCAA tournament in 2017 and wins over UNC and Duke this year? Sad

Can we ban this idiot troll account?

No. Clawson and Manning live within about 3 miles of one another and it's NOT Wake housing. How do I know this? My sister lives down the street from Clawson.

And my sister lives down the street from Manning

And at least two of them likely won't be working much beyond this year too.

All three will be working beyond next year:

Bernie will be in the Senate.
Biden will be in the WH.
If karma exists, Trump will be working in the license plate factory at Sing Sing.

This is such a stupid position. In 1979 when the tournament went from 32 teams to 40 teams and had the bottom 16 teams play an extra game to get to continue the tournament against the top 24 teams - were those bottom 16 teams really "in" the tournament? In the years following that the tournament went through several different formats, typically involving various numbers of teams that played an extra game. Were those teams "in" the tournament?

Of course they were.

Just like now the tournament has expanded to 68 teams so all 68 teams are "in" the tournament.

No. When you have 2 teams playing for the same seed, it is a play-in game that is not part of the tournament field. They are playing to get into the field. That is very different from the pre-64 team fields. They gave higher seeded teams first round byes as a reward for having a better season.

so the 11 seeds that play in Dayton and especially the ones that win that night aren't really in the tournament?
So VCU going from First Four to Final Four in 2011 didn't really count for them as being in the tournament?
did you feel that way when they took the tournament from 32 to 48 in 1980 or 48 to 64 in 1985?
1991 was really the only "Play in games" with six teams playing each other (Saint Francis, Pennsylvania versus Fordham; Coastal Carolina versus Jackson State; NE Louisiana versus Florida A&M) before the tournament bracket was ever announced.

VCU was in the tourney because they WON the First Four play-in game. They played their way in. If Wake had won their First Four game then they would have been in the tourney. But they didn't so they weren't

All three will be working beyond next year:

Bernie will be in the Senate.
Biden will be in the WH.
If karma exists, Trump will be working in the license plate factory at Sing Sing.

Well, after hearing that I definitely don’t believe your buyout theory.

Remember when we used to get pissed over our seeding in the NCAAT?!

We want to have that feeling again.... pissed or not.

[NR] and DFL have sucked the life out of us with their futility.... and DFL was somehow rewarded handsomely for sucking so hard even longer. :dumb:

VCU was in the tourney because they WON the First Four play-in game. They played their way in. If Wake had won their First Four game then they would have been in the tourney. But they didn't so they weren't

You are just wrong. I get it, you don't like change. Hell I am as much a traditionalist as anyone, I still wish the ACC had 8 teams and we played everyone in Football and home&home in hoops. But the NCAA National Championship Tournament now consists of 68 teams with the chance to win it. Not 64 after Dayton. Check any source you want but catch up quick because you are getting left behind.
Is your next argument that Oklahoma wasn't really in the CFP because they used to just have the top two teams and this this year they lost in the "play-in" semis?

So now the measuring stick for whether you are in the tournament or not is whether your game is included in a national gambling pastime? Ok.

So how many teams "made" the tournament in 1979? Or in any of the years between 1980 and when it expanded to 64 teams? I'm not trying to defend anybody or say that making the first four was any great feat - I am just a logical guy and illogical thought bugs me. If the NCAA says that the tournament consists of 40 teams, or 52 teams, or 64 teams, or 68 teams - or 128 teams someday - if my team is on the list of that many teams then they "made" the tournament. You don't have to celebrate it but don't deny reality just to crap on the program - it is plenty craptastic anyway.
Exactly.
And fuck Los Wages gambling horseshit anyway.

Sorry, Guy, assumed you were piling on to the first four is not in the tournament argument - if you weren't then never mind... Your point is correct...
I'm sorry too. I made the same assumption as Scooter.
I just had a family issue yesterday and honestly probably am way more reactionary than I should be. :(

Back