• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

We will actually need more posters like Sailor as he is pretty worried. He messaged me yesterday letting me know that because of the pandemic and his advanced age, cognitive state and other pre-existing conditions he has gone into isolation.

Then why is it called a play-in game? It is clearly named a "play in" game indicating the winner gets to play IN the NCAA tournament. Thereby logic would say you are not in the tourney until you win the play-in game? No?

All semantics. The NCAA says there are 68 teams in the tournament so I believe that there are 68 teams in the tournament.

We will actually need more posters like Sailor as he is pretty worried. He messaged me yesterday letting me know that because of the pandemic and his advanced age, cognitive state and other pre-existing conditions he has gone into isolation.

Wrong on all counts. Par for the course for Little Louie.

s120308_03coachlean-16_9.jpg

If you think this board is a microcosm of the world you need to get out more my bro.

Yeah, board dumb and real world dumb don't equivocate. Some of the dumbest posters on here would be shining stars in my basic sophomore class.

Then why is it called a play-in game? It is clearly named a "play in" game indicating the winner gets to play IN the NCAA tournament. Thereby logic would say you are not in the tourney until you win the play-in game? No?

I thought this issue was discussed and settled a long time ago. Like sportsmed said, it is and was a field of 68, not 64. Also, iirc, 4 of the teams who play in Dayton are automatic qualifiers and 4 are at large. Those 4 at large teams are referred to as the LAST 4 IN. Then there are 4 teams who are ranked 69-72, who do NOT play in Dayton and are the FIRST 4 OUT. Those 4 go play in the NIT. We did not play in the NIT because we were in the last 4 IN and played in Dayton.

I wish we could have been ranked in a position where we didn't have to play in Dayton, but it was what it was, and we lost to Kansas State. If you want to bitch about our defensive 'performance' in that game, have at it (because I sure have many times), but it doesn't change the FACTS that we played in that game AND we were in the field of 68.

For the record, I am Manning out and I feel certain he would have been fired after the Miami loss in the ACC Tournament last season if not for that damn buyout Ron Wellman gave him! I think he should be fired next week after the ACC Tournament UNLESS we win it, which isn't going to happen!

How many wins could President Trump coach the 20-21 team to if Sarr decides to stay?

You take the number of games played and add one. It would be the best season ever. It really would. Fantastic, really fantastic.

I thought this issue was discussed and settled a long time ago. Like sportsmed said, it is and was a field of 68, not 64. Also, iirc, 4 of the teams who play in Dayton are automatic qualifiers and 4 are at large. Those 4 at large teams are referred to as the LAST 4 IN. Then there are 4 teams who are ranked 69-72, who do NOT play in Dayton and are the FIRST 4 OUT. Those 4 go play in the NIT. We did not play in the NIT because we were in the last 4 IN and played in Dayton.

I wish we could have been ranked in a position where we didn't have to play in Dayton, but it was what it was, and we lost to Kansas State. If you want to bitch about our defensive 'performance' in that game, have at it (because I sure have many times), but it doesn't change the FACTS that we played in that game AND we were in the field of 68.

For the record, I am Manning out and I feel certain he would have been fired after the Miami loss in the ACC Tournament last season if not for that damn buyout Ron Wellman gave him! I think he should be fired next week after the ACC Tournament UNLESS we win it, which isn't going to happen!

But most importantly..... Orange man bad or orange man good?

This thread went from super exciting to super annoying.

This this and this.

Back to the topic at hand: some people over at BSD seem to think this buyout is speculation, based on an assistant coach’s comment on Twitter. No saying I agree it’s just hard to know if any of these rumors are true.

Can any of you with “well placed” sources confirm or deny any of this?

perhaps on a technicality Dayton games are in the tournament, but no one watches or cares. They put the play in games on tru-tv, a channel that no one know exists. No one watches other than fans of the teams involved. It doesn't feel like a tournament game....it feels like the NIT. It's in DAYTON, which is the most boring place in OHIO.

so anyway let's fire manning and get a 7 seed next year and get pumped for butler to roll us and after the game we'll all bitch but be like "hey at least we were IN this time."

up yours. I responded after a few nonsense posts attacking Trump. Typical hypocritical Dem post.

My campaign platform would be for this phrase to make a comeback into the current lexicon. These kids today are missing out.

Back