• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

This scenario seems very out of character for Wake.

If true, sure smells like a big desire to grab Beilein before anyone else.

But I'll believe it when I see it....

Last edited:
BEILEIN OR MATTA IS THE FLOOR

Shrewd move by Currie with the leak. Neutralizes Manning on the negotiations.

For those looking for the sign the Wellman era is mercifully over, this is it. The media can be used as a weapon. Ron never understood that. Currie gets it.

David Glenn was the first to break the news that Wellman was retiring. The man knows things. Definitely lots of smoke here.

Timing of the announcement is giving me some serious vibez

I’m with Ayo - BEILEIN, MATTA OR BUST

Manning should pay us to be released from his contract. Make it go away, Currie!

VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES VIBES

I feel a warm tingly sensation all over and the slightest glimmer of hope. And it feels good.

Beilein needs to get on our health insurance plan ASAP, the COBRA is draining his savings so Currie needs to get this done quickly.

Right. And he could take a new job, coach there and get paid there on top of the lump sum (as opposed to having an offset, which I would hope would be in his current contract but who knows).

Agree.

Are you seriously suggesting DFL Manning is going to be coaching again soon? LMAO!😂😂

Also really smart now for 3 reasons. Make sure no waffling if unexpected postseason run, gives Danny and team a great opportunity to win one for the gipper and really have special end to sr years, and allows new coach to hit ground running and meet players before they start to make decisions. And if he hits a homerun as I suspect he will it will make quite the headlines....

Undoubtedly a response to the Manning announcement. I don’t care. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. And even if it’s all made up then I’d still rather have the excitement to cling to.

Back