• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Dammit. This is why we don't get excited.

Like Rex Walters knows about this?

Also - this has to be the least controversial firing of all time - I get being upset, but I don't get indignation.

Manning has indisputably failed.

Like Rex Walters knows about this?

Also - this has to be the least controversial firing of all time - I get being upset, but I don't get indignation.

Manning has indisputably failed.

maybe the "make crap up" comment is in regards to negotiations. manning getting the guarantee bitches - nothing to negotiate!!
:)

I've been away for a few hours... Some questions/comments:

1- donaldross - Serious question... How does this leak weaken Manning in any way? Doesn't he still get what is coming to him, regardless?
2- BiffTannen - Please tone it down a bit. Manning getting fired is supposed to be fun. The trolling is taking some of my enjoyment from me.
3- Ayo - Thanks for the link... Listening now

Link to David Glenn talking about the negotations.

https://www.hipcast.com/podcast/Hc1Tk1Mfl

Haven't given a listen yet.

Per usual, thanks to TITSWF/DeaconSports on Twitter for the heads up.

He says he knows conversations are definitely happening but a $10-15 million buyout may still be too much. I should add that he is basing his understanding of the numbers explicitly on the Goodman posts. He did not have inside knowledge as to the numbers otherwise.

Last edited:
After a shit day this was great news. Not sure it means we're getting Matta or Beilien. Let's get Danny gone first that'll be enough to excite me.

He says he knows conversations are definitely happening but a $10-15 million buyout may still be too much.

?? That would amount to no news. That was probably true a year ago.

He says he knows conversations are definitely happening but a $10-15 million buyout may still be too much.

Yeah, that's about the gist of it.

But I'd say it was more optimistic than that comment makes it sound. Clearly Glenn has heard Currie is having negotiations w/ Manning's agent... To me, that says it is a done deal.

I don't think the timing necessarily means that we can read anything into a replacement, though... But I'm hopeful.

So...Goodman's report has been right since the beginning. And RJ, welp, wrong.

I'm not vibing as hard as I was an hour ago. But I think Currie gets it done.

David Glenn reported buyout negotiations are underway. He never said anything about the buyout being too much, he said it could be at a school like Wake cause its one of the smaller schools but he never stated anything about the buyout being too much. Where there is smoke there is fire and theres alot of fire about Manning being gone.

Currie basically has to close this deal and get this done, we will see what hes got. Its definitly a good sign they are negotiating a buyout, Currie basically telling Manning we dont want you here. I have faith Currie will get it done.

I don't know how you can let this info get out and then not get rid of him. It's one thing to let there be rumors that a buyout is holding up things while still publicly supporting the coach (last year), compared to now having a reputable source saying that you're trying to get rid of the coach.

Why wouldn't there be numerous players going elsewhere, recruits decommitting, and any coach with other opportunities pursuing them? You not only kick the entire fanbase while it's already down but you basically ensure that the program is screwed (even more-so than now) for at least the next year or two and you are proclaiming that Manning will be gone within a short timeframe. Furthermore, you're going to lose more in uncaptured revenue next season than you will in the buyout ticking down another year.

So I'm not really deterred too much with the new information added onto the original report.

Currie basically has to close this deal and get this done, we will see what hes got. Its definitly a good sign they are negotiating a buyout, Currie basically telling Manning we dont want you here. I have faith Currie will get it done.

Same here. Currie will get it done. He knows what he is doing. A week from now I think we will all be very happy! Go Deacs!

Shrewd move by Currie with the leak. Neutralizes Manning on the negotiations.

For those looking for the sign the Wellman era is mercifully over, this is it. The media can be used as a weapon. Ron never understood that. Currie gets it.

How does it neutralize Manning?

I agree that this definitely seems like a break from Wellman’s style. This is clAwesome.

Back