• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

I just want everyone to know there isn't a more miserable group of people that I'd rather share my misery with than all of you, libs, pubs, Bernie Bros and Trumpers alike.

There’s like three Bernie bros over there FFS. And they’re good posters.

I am holding onto Danny being gone next year...If there is a next year. EVERYONE wants him gone.

Most everyone here has talked to big donors, trustees, coaching staff/trainers, players, etc...

I've yet to come across a single fan or person in power who isn't working hard to get rid of him. I'm holding onto hope that Danny does us all a solid and negotiates in the final hour, and that we have a new coach on standby ready to go. I think this existence has to be miserable for Julie and his family...Wives make the final decisions and I think she will make it happen for us.

Interesting if there is not going to be a season next year then why hire a coach and have to pay both him and Manning. We're screwed, i feel.

I just want everyone to know there isn't a more miserable group of people that I'd rather share my misery with than all of you, libs, pubs, Bernie Bros and Trumpers alike.

Eight years ago, TheReff was the one making political posts on the sports board, and Barca was telling him he was on the wrong forum. Now Barca is TheReff and Creamy is Barca. Tell me about Gaudi, Creamy.

That is what we have gotten to from 3 years of Obama!

great, great post Reff. topical, in the correct forum. well done.

I agree the politics have no place on the sports board. That said Trump is a sociopath.

It all is pretty meaningless in the long run. People of any stripe posting their thoughts about the people from other stripes means jack shit to everybody concerned. Moral of the story is you are not going to change anyone's mind here so why bother trying? Go debate where people might actually debate, you know, politics

I'm usually a fan of chaos and entertaining thread diversions, but wow, this thread just straight up sucks now.

if your mind is made up and nothing anyone could say would change it, then you are not a very smart person.

You just described OGB.

Back off, noob.

I get the sentiment. I think Trump is one of the worst presidents in history (Buchanan twiddling his thumbs while a fifth of the Union seceded is still a tough mark to top) and the worst human being to hold the office. Hillary was the first Democratic presidential candidate I voted for, and Biden will be the second. I also think that many of the Republicans who post on this board, and who have posted on this thread, are uninformed and/or rageaholics. It's possible to hold those beliefs and still find it obnoxious that the sports board--particularly this thread, which was and hopefully will again be the one of the most interest--have been taken over by political posts.

I also get that with the virus, the quarantines, and the Manning situation, everyone is on edge right now. I don't think an Internet message board is a particularly productive outlet for letting off steam, but if that's the path you choose, there's a whole board dedicated to beating each other up over politics. Mako even started a Kumite thread that would no doubt welcome it. But there are legitimate reasons, apart from being a snowflake, not to want politics, or any off-topic posts, consuming this thread

You’ve got a bunch of mostly married or partnered dudes with kids dealing with a global pandemic by spending 24/7 with their families while still trying to fulfill their work and some extended family obligations.

It’s fine for people to blow off steam here instead of taking it out on their wives, girlfriends, and kids. It’s weirdly self-centered to think of this board as some all important place that requires some stately decorum.

Back off, noob.

I get the sentiment. I think Trump is one of the worst presidents in history (Buchanan twiddling his thumbs while a fifth of the Union seceded is still a tough mark to top) and the worst human being to hold the office. Hillary was the first Democratic presidential candidate I voted for, and Biden will be the second. I also think that many of the Republicans who post on this board, and who have posted on this thread, are uninformed and/or rageaholics. It's possible to hold those beliefs and still find it obnoxious that the sports board--particularly this thread, which was and hopefully will again be the one of the most interest--have been taken over by political posts.

I also get that with the virus, the quarantines, and the Manning situation, everyone is on edge right now. I don't think an Internet message board is a particularly productive outlet for letting off steam, but if that's the path you choose, there's a whole board dedicated to beating each other up over politics. Mako even started a Kumite thread that would no doubt welcome it. But there are legitimate reasons, apart from being a snowflake, not to want politics, or any off-topic posts, consuming this thread

There’s been like 3 Republicans commenting on this thread. Not many in the tunnels either because if you express opinion that isn’t like the others, you are accused of bigotry, racism, hatred, etc. It would be like going on a CFB forum for every person to attack the fuck out of Wake Forest for everything. Most people don’t enjoy being attacked for their opinions. That’s why many moderate conservatives don’t enjoy discussing politics on OGB.

Hopefully some leaks come out sometime soon so we can stop discussing this shit on this thread that’s about Danny Manning being a POS.

This only started getting political because we failed to fire Manning when we repeatedly had the chance. Now the virus is the potential scapegoat for keeping him, along with the related stock market collapse. It was inevitable that the mishandling of the Coronavirus response leading to the current virus situation would get brought up. If it was taken seriously from the beginning, there’s a good chance we’re all excited about coach beilein/matta etc right now while Danny is packing for his move to Kansas.

There’s been like 3 Republicans commenting on this thread. Not many in the tunnels either because if you express opinion that isn’t like the others, you are accused of bigotry, racism, hatred, etc. It would be like going on a CFB forum for every person to attack the fuck out of Wake Forest for everything. Most people don’t enjoy being attacked for their opinions. That’s why many moderate conservatives don’t enjoy discussing politics on OGB.

Hopefully some leaks come out sometime soon so we can stop discussing this shit on this thread that’s about Danny Manning being a POS.

Maybe RJ would but most folks there would not immediately call you a bigot, racist etc. However they may ask why you support a person who embodies so many terrible traits and what positive qualities he has to outweigh all his baggage. That seems like a fair question. Presumably you’d have to have a good reason.

Back