Page 10 of 287 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I see what you did there.
    ha no pun was intended but I guess it should've been

looks like Coachella might be postponed to October

Yeah. Wondering if festivals will be canceled, postponed or just 70-80% of the bands show up. Have Shaky Knees tickets in the city of decline in early May.

selfishly I've got some concerts in April I'm very excited about and hope they continue on

Man, OíHare is a LOT quieter than usual right now.

I wish it was spring break for us right now. I'll bet you could find some last minute travel deals cheap af.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I wish it was spring break for us right now. I'll bet you could find some last minute travel deals cheap af.
    Dude, I might fucking just fly out for a week anyway.

In less than two weeks, still in ski season, I can fly to SLC nonstop both ways for a quick weekend trip for $275. This late in the game, that flight would normally be like $700. Trying to convince someone to go.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    You can stay at 5* hotels in Milan for $20/night.

Fly to Nice, buy a Vespa, drive it through Monaco into San Remo, Italy, then across Italy to Milan.

I think we'll hear pretty soon that UNC is going online for at least next week, but wouldn't be surprised to see it through the end of the month, with the kids away on Spring Break right now and coming back from all over the place. Nothing official yet, just rumblings. Crazy town. Stay safe everyone.

Think I might try to head up to the Wake baseball this weekend with my mom and another old, but who knows.
    Runs with deer.

Has anyone posted a 2k word thinkpiece on how difficult it's going to be for all these businesses and schools to get their constituents to come back from the virtual world after COVID subsides? Feels like Vox or Salon would be all over it...

This is where Bezos makes his move.
    Runs with deer.

Memphis has this covered.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think we'll hear pretty soon that UNC is going online for at least next week, but wouldn't be surprised to see it through the end of the month, with the kids away on Spring Break right now and coming back from all over the place. Nothing official yet, just rumblings. Crazy town. Stay safe everyone.

Think I might try to head up to the Wake baseball this weekend with my mom and another old, but who knows.
    Prob same thing up here in Durham.

Shit is going to hit the fan with the health systems. I'm betting lots of HCWs in the area are going to be sick and self quarantining.

We had an in service today on the proper way to don and doff the PPE needed if someone tests positive. It was pretty intense.

Glad I have a pre-scheduled elective surgery next week with 4 weeks of medical leave.

Germaphobes will be doing this before too long...

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Introvert heaven.

I talked to someone who studies disabilities and the buzz in that community is that coronavirus is leading to reforms theyíve been calling for for years.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Iíve been at a conference for the past two days and today Iím at jury duty at DC superior court with an 80 yr old lady next to me coughing pretty continuously. When will I die of Covid-19?

I got called for jury duty for April 13. Hoping our social apparatus will have completely collapsed by then so I don't have to go.

Zac Brown spring tour canceled/rescheduled. Damn. Was looking forward to seeing him in Nashville.

Have now had two work trips plus a conference canceled. We're making plans to have stuff for me to do from home and my boss was like, "well, you can just watch all of the Folkstreams films for research." Cool. That'll take a chunk.

https://www.folkstreams.net
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 03-11-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    Runs with deer.