• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Man, O’Hare is a LOT quieter than usual right now.

I wish it was spring break for us right now. I'll bet you could find some last minute travel deals cheap af.

In less than two weeks, still in ski season, I can fly to SLC nonstop both ways for a quick weekend trip for $275. This late in the game, that flight would normally be like $700. Trying to convince someone to go.

I wish it was spring break for us right now. I'll bet you could find some last minute travel deals cheap af.

You can stay at 5* hotels in Milan for $20/night.

Fly to Nice, buy a Vespa, drive it through Monaco into San Remo, Italy, then across Italy to Milan.

I think we'll hear pretty soon that UNC is going online for at least next week, but wouldn't be surprised to see it through the end of the month, with the kids away on Spring Break right now and coming back from all over the place. Nothing official yet, just rumblings. Crazy town. Stay safe everyone.

Think I might try to head up to the Wake baseball this weekend with my mom and another old, but who knows.

Has anyone posted a 2k word thinkpiece on how difficult it's going to be for all these businesses and schools to get their constituents to come back from the virtual world after COVID subsides? Feels like Vox or Salon would be all over it...

Memphis has this covered.

I think we'll hear pretty soon that UNC is going online for at least next week, but wouldn't be surprised to see it through the end of the month, with the kids away on Spring Break right now and coming back from all over the place. Nothing official yet, just rumblings. Crazy town. Stay safe everyone.

Think I might try to head up to the Wake baseball this weekend with my mom and another old, but who knows.

Prob same thing up here in Durham.

Shit is going to hit the fan with the health systems. I'm betting lots of HCWs in the area are going to be sick and self quarantining.

We had an in service today on the proper way to don and doff the PPE needed if someone tests positive. It was pretty intense.

Glad I have a pre-scheduled elective surgery next week with 4 weeks of medical leave.

I’ve been at a conference for the past two days and today I’m at jury duty at DC superior court with an 80 yr old lady next to me coughing pretty continuously. When will I die of Covid-19?

I got called for jury duty for April 13. Hoping our social apparatus will have completely collapsed by then so I don't have to go.

Zac Brown spring tour canceled/rescheduled. Damn. Was looking forward to seeing him in Nashville.

Have now had two work trips plus a conference canceled. We're making plans to have stuff for me to do from home and my boss was like, "well, you can just watch all of the Folkstreams films for research." Cool. That'll take a chunk.

https://www.folkstreams.net

Last edited:
Coronavirus seems like a great reason to self-quarantine for two weeks during March Madness!

Back