• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

You said they were getting "effective therapy". So if they receive effective therapy then they are not critically ill and don't need a ventilator, correct? Otherwise said therapy would not be effective.

No. No. None of this. People can receive effective therapy and still need a ventilator to provide time for the therapy to work. The term "effective therapy" means it is effective, on average. It doesn't mean it always cures, all the time. Nothing does that. Your mind lives in a very simplistic, binary world; plus you have no medical knowledge. This combination is problematic, to say the least.

Alright so Monday morning I woke off feeling a little off I would say. I even was nervous enough about it to check my temp and everything checked out fine so I shrugged it off to a residual hangover from the weekend.

At around 3pm, I really was starting to feel shitty and I took a break from work and went and took a nap. I woke up feeling like fuck I have a fever and it was at 100.3 so I pretty much new I was fucked. I texted some nurse friends of mine and they basically just told me to wait and see if it goes over 100.4 and then start letting people know I was around that I am running a fever and y'all should act accordingly. Also told my roommate to basically get the fuck out as soon as possible.

The rest of the day pretty much sucked, high fever, delirious sweats, chills, achy, all the good stuff. Fever got to 102 and I let everybody i'd been around know. The night was fucking hellacious. Tuesday I was pretty much completely out of it all day with the same symptoms, and I got tested in the morning. I was crushing Tylenol and couldn't really keep the fever down. I carry a little smokers cough in my day to day so it was hard to tell if the cough was the Rona or poor life decisions. My throat now felt like it had full blown AIDS sore.

Again Tuesday night and Wednesday morning did not not fuck, did not fuck at all. Wednesday my chest started getting a little tight, and that was like oh shit all the booze and drugs might have finally caught up to me and I will die. I might be 31, but I am probably in the 90% percentile with drug and booze consumption for people of my age. Wednesday night and Thursday morning was pretty fucked, bad cough, tight chest, high fever, sweats, chills, delirious etc... I took some advil at like 5 am because I was maxed on Tylenol consumption, felt a little better and went to bed. I woke up at like 10am and was like shit my dude I am feeling pretty good. From there on out I've been firing at almost 100%. Got the test results back yesterday afternoon Covid +.

Right now I am feeling better than I normally do. Now I just got to hangout here by myself and jackoff while I wait for the antibodies to build.

Nobody I have been around has shown any symptoms some people have been tested and are waiting to hear back. Outside of my roommate I haven't been around other people really since last Friday.

Last edited:
Alright so Monday morning I woke off feeling a little off I would say. I even was nervous enough about it to check my temp and everything checked out fine so I shrugged it off to a residual hangover from the weekend.

At around 3pm, I really was starting to feel shitty and I took a break from work and went and took a nap. I woke up feeling like fuck I have a fever and it was at 100.3 so I pretty much new I was fucked. I texted some nurse friends of mine and they basically just told me to wait and see if it goes over 100.4 and then start letting people know I was around that I am running a fever and y'all should act accordingly. Also told my roommate to basically get the fuck out as soon as possible.

The rest of the day pretty much sucked, high fever, delirious sweats, chills, achy, all the good stuff. Fever got to 102 and I let everybody i'd been around know. The night was fucking hellacious. Tuesday I was pretty much completely out of it all day with the same symptoms, and I got tested in the morning. I was crushing Tylenol and couldn't really keep the fever down. I carry a little smokers cough in my day to day so it was hard to tell if the cough was the Rona or poor life decisions. My throat now felt like it had full blown AIDS sore.

Again Tuesday night and Wednesday morning did not not fuck, did not fuck at all. Wednesday my chest started getting a little tight, and that was like oh shit all the booze and drugs might have finally caught up to me and I will die. I might be 31, but I am probably in the 90% percentile with drug and booze consumption for people of my age. Wednesday night and Thursday morning was pretty fucked, bad cough, tight chest, high fever, sweats, chills, delirious etc... I took some advil at like 5 am because I was maxed on Tylenol consumption, felt a little better and went to bed. I woke up at like 10am and was like shit my dude I am feeling pretty good. From there on out I've been firing at almost 100%. Got the test results back yesterday afternoon Covid +.

Right now I am feeling better than I normally do. Now I just got to hangout here by myself and jackoff while I wait for the antibodies to build.

Nobody I have been around has shown any symptoms some people have been tested and are waiting to hear back. Outside of my roommate I haven't been around other people really since last Friday.

What is your blood type? Some studies indicate Covid-19 is harder on blood type A+.

Did you do any at home respiratory therapy? Sleep prone?

WTC, glad to hear you are feeling better and we all hope the worse is behind you. For the record, I would of been scared shitless.

Catamount, do you plan to catch any more viruses or infectuous diseases ? If so please report back about symptoms (assuming you survive).

Any idea how/where you got it?

No, none of the people I contacted have any symptoms. That's not saying I didn't get it from one of them tho. I went out to a little outdoor dockside restaurant right by my house Thursday night thinking that is the most likely spot. Although nobody else seemed to get it.

Glad you are doing better. I think that's the hardest part of even attempting to track the virus, even if we had better testing. An asymptomatic person can feel perfectly fine, that's the definition, no symptoms. Say they work at a restaurant, sure they probably aren't getting every person they come into contact with sick, but maybe during the course of their infection they are infectious for 48 hours, see 200 people, infect 1 or 2 just given some random parameter of viral load given X time point with transmission caused by respiratory droplet that occurred because this random 30 minutes they didn't have a mask on.

Glad you are doing better. I think that's the hardest part of even attempting to track the virus, even if we had better testing. An asymptomatic person can feel perfectly fine, that's the definition, no symptoms. Say they work at a restaurant, sure they probably aren't getting every person they come into contact with sick, but maybe during the course of their infection they are infectious for 48 hours, see 200 people, infect 1 or 2 just given some random parameter of viral load given X time point with transmission caused by respiratory droplet that occurred because this random 30 minutes they didn't have a mask on.

Our waiter was pulling the mask over the mouth but not the nose thing. That's why I am extremely suspicious.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I don't say this to alarm you, but sometimes the symptoms return. You are likely in the clear, but I just mention that in case symptoms return after improving for a few days.

Back