• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Has anyone come to a conclusion about the actual percentage of asymptomatic people? The number that was thrown around earlier was 50%, but I think that included a lot of pre-symptomatic people.

SC with a 14.7% positive rate yesterday on tests. Definitely trending in the wrong direction, and I don't think it's due to more testing either.

SC with a 14.7% positive rate yesterday on tests. Definitely trending in the wrong direction, and I don't think it's due to more testing either.

That was only on nearly 3k tests, when they've been averaging 5k to 6k from what I've seen.

They're finally doing free drive-thru testing in Horry County, where very few people have changed their habits and has been open to tourists since the week before Memorial Day. My hope is that most of the cases are found via the free drive-thru testing (asymptomatic) and not people going to the doctor/hospital with serious symptoms.

Unsure why Upstate SC has been surging like it has for the last month.

Hospitalizations is the key #, and unfortunately that's going up.

My girlfriend had to get tested last week after her department chair in Burke County (NC) tested positive for COVID. They had a walkthrough graduation, so nearly everybody who was there had to get tested (or were advised to get tested).

It came back negative, but we were moving this weekend and relying on help from friends/family. We didn't find out she was negative until Saturday, so we basically had to tell everybody that we needed to do it alone. That sucked big time.

A quicker turnaround is much needed.

RE: Upstate SC - Greenville had one of the highest mobility rates in the nation over the past month, up there with Forsyth County and North Wilkesboro, all of which are surging now.

with all the walking back of the walkbacked walkbacking, i have no idea what the advice du jour is. (yes i am aware that this sounds like something 2&2 would say.)

It's almost as if situations like this don't exist in absolutes and new information becomes available minute-by-minute based on scientific research, evidence, and data. Weird.

That was only on nearly 3k tests, when they've been averaging 5k to 6k from what I've seen.

They're finally doing free drive-thru testing in Horry County, where very few people have changed their habits and has been open to tourists since the week before Memorial Day. My hope is that most of the cases are found via the free drive-thru testing (asymptomatic) and not people going to the doctor/hospital with serious symptoms.

Unsure why Upstate SC has been surging like it has for the last month.

Hospitalizations is the key #, and unfortunately that's going up.

Because half of Charlotte has been going down there to drink and party while Cooper won't let bars open in NC. Had 12 friends go down in 3 cars for a weekend a few weeks ago. 8 of the 12 came down with Rona symptoms on a Tuesday, test results came back positive Thursday, were feeling fine by Friday and had an I Survived party on Saturday.

Last edited:
Because half of Charlotte has been going down there to drink and party while Cooper won't let bars open in NC. Had 12 friends go down in 3 cars for a weekend a few weeks ago. 8 of the 12 came down with Rona symptoms on a Tuesday, test results came back positive Thursday, were feeling fine by Friday and had an I Survived party on Saturday.

As it should be.

Orange County, NC (where Chapel Hill is), just extended its emergency declaration to Aug. 31, which would be after students have come back and are in school (according to their stated timeline goal, though, we'll see) -- mandatory face coverings in places of business unless dining, basically.

Just out of curiousity, what religious beliefs prevent face coverings? I know about niqabs and stuff, but not the other way around.

So you’re mad Cooper won’t let people in N.C. get the Rona locally?

Can somebody tell Tepper that SC is full of Rona and the Panthers need to #stayathome?

It is coming here no matter what. If I'm going to get it anyway, it might as well be with a burger and beer.

That wasn’t a very smart move.

NC all over the national news (with Arizona Texas Florida South Carolina and California) for massive increased cases and yeah they’re clearly a state who never even really leveled off much less ended the first wave. Reopening was beyond stupid.

About a third of the customers at the Harris Teeter yesterday were not wearing masks. Then I went upstairs and the bar was open with a dozen people sitting around drinking beer, obviusly without masks, including a couple of 50-something dudes I know.

About a third of the customers at the Harris Teeter yesterday were not wearing masks. Then I went upstairs and the bar was open with a dozen people sitting around drinking beer, obviusly without masks, including a couple of 50-something dudes I know.

The number of additional people who will die or have serious long term complications as a result of a bunch of people refusing to wear a mask in public and stay a little farther from people is just disgusting to think about.

Back