• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Moreso that the US lack of homogeneity means you have a whole bunch of different waves out there. The NY wave is very different from the NC wave.

How so? The NY wave was due to international travelers from Europe coming to a high density location.

The virus spread to lower density areas and it’s taking off.

Unrelated to what I think your point is, I thought this stat was interesting.

New York (state) deaths per million: 1,591
Germany deaths per million: 106

Because Trump didn't tell them in time and downplayed all the intel that could saved tens of thousands of American lives according to Columbia and other studies. But don't be bothered by the facts.

Have you checked under your bed for monsters today?

I don't think you can reasonably compare a dense city with an entire country.

It appears that my daughter has the Covid. Feels like total crap. Fever and body aches. No respiratory symptoms yet. Lives in the hotbed of Greenville, SC, recently visited Atlanta. Wonderful.

Geez. You all have my deepest sympathies. I hope she’s in a situation where she can get the help she needs. Please encourage her to share her experience. It seems like too many people either still think it’s a hoax or the only outcomes are no symptoms or death.

giphy.gif

Ah meant to quote yours and Diggler to show his comment was pretty bad and then you showed him how bad by his own requested metric.

Geez. You all have my deepest sympathies. I hope she’s in a situation where she can get the help she needs. Please encourage her to share her experience. It seems like too many people either still think it’s a hoax or the only outcomes are no symptoms or death.

Update on my daughter. She feels better this morning - still not good. Body aches, fever (we think - she can't find a thermometer - really?), a little cough.

Greenville is an absolute shitshow. We have been on the phone all last night and this morning trying to find somewhere she can get tested. It is ridiculous. The CVS makes you do your own swab and there is no way she can do that - she is very squeamish about stuff like that. The Urgent Care only does 35 tests a day - she got there at 7:45 this morning, they open at 8:00, and there were so many people in line in front of her they shut down testing before she got in.
The hospital that is on the dept. of health website as doing testing just referred her to the CVS or Urgent Care.
There were doing testing at the convention center but that has now shut down.

At this point she is going to have to wait until tomorrow morning and try the Urgent Care again. Unbelievable. Her roommates are understandably staying away from her, so she is on her own.

Update on my daughter. She feels better this morning - still not good. Body aches, fever (we think - she can't find a thermometer - really?), a little cough.

Greenville is an absolute shitshow. We have been on the phone all last night and this morning trying to find somewhere she can get tested. It is ridiculous. The CVS makes you do your own swab and there is no way she can do that - she is very squeamish about stuff like that. The Urgent Care only does 35 tests a day - she got there at 7:45 this morning, they open at 8:00, and there were so many people in line in front of her they shut down testing before she got in.
The hospital that is on the dept. of health website as doing testing just referred her to the CVS or Urgent Care.
There were doing testing at the convention center but that has now shut down.

At this point she is going to have to wait until tomorrow morning and try the Urgent Care again. Unbelievable. Her roommates are understandably staying away from her, so she is on her own.

If she can get over to Clemson they are doing testing at the Student Center until 12pm

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-d...ase-2019-covid-19/covid-19-mobile-pop-clinics

I hope she’s okay scooter.

Does she know how she got it? Was she out and about in Atlanta/wearing a mask?

Trump says less testing = less cases...voila success!

[non-politically. Sorry to hear, hope your daughter gets what she needs and recovers from whatever ails her quickly]

This is good news, we're finally finding some working therapeutics:

Until they release the paper that goes with that, it's worthless PR gibberish.

Of course, to get the cheap and apparently helpful drug, you need to be sick enough to be hospitalized...so your care is going to cost a lot.

Back