Page 11 of 277 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Coronavirus seems like a great reason to self-quarantine for two weeks during March Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Zac Brown spring tour canceled/rescheduled. Damn. Was looking forward to seeing him in Nashville.
    Going to see Chris Stapleton tomorrow night in Austin. If it gets canceled im gonna be pissed.

atlanta cancelled school again today?!

And here's the rub - without universal testing, people are going to resist making the hard decisions until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    atlanta cancelled school again today?!
    Fulton County, which is roughly 50 miles from tip to tip and had one teacher in one school test positive

Quote Originally Posted by vibez View Post
    Coronavirus seems like a great reason to self-quarantine for two weeks during March Madness!
    If they have it

seems like coronavirus hysteria is the REAL March Madness

So these five peeps from Biogen had it for a week+ just wandering around Raleigh before they got tested /quarantined? I donít see how that hasnít silently mushroomed into the hundreds since then, right? Looking forward to spending my summer at home....

Also does the health dept have some responsibility to let people know when / where these people were or will that just lead to unnecessary (?) panic?

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    Fulton County, which is roughly 50 miles from tip to tip and had one teacher in one school test positive
    He actually teaches in two different middle schools in South Fulton.

It is worth noting that the district is completely severed in the middle by the Atlanta Public Schools district.

Last edited by BiffTannen; 03-11-2020 at 03:42 PM.

In the last 24 hours, I've received COVID related messages from:

• Target
    • Lyft
    • Amtrak
    • DC Metro (haven't lived in DC for four years)
    • Budget Rent-a-car
    • Southwest Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    So these five peeps from Biogen had it for a week+ just wandering around Raleigh before they got tested /quarantined? I donít see how that hasnít silently mushroomed into the hundreds since then, right? Looking forward to spending my summer at home....

Also does the health dept have some responsibility to let people know when / where these people were or will that just lead to unnecessary (?) panic?
    There was an article on WRAL about one of the people and it had a day by day list of where they had been.

Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    In the last 24 hours, I've received COVID related messages from:

• Target
    • Lyft
    • Amtrak
    • DC Metro (haven't lived in DC for four years)
    • Budget Rent-a-car
    • Southwest Airlines
    The unsubscribe button is your friend, friend.

UNC extending spring break by a week, online classes for the forseeable future, all campus gatherings of 50+ canceled, no work trips outside the state. Campus staying open and operational, otherwise, though.
    Runs with deer.

I mean college kids are just going to party harder without classes and still get it. Hell, we had a boxed wine party during the Swine Flu outbreak at Wake. Looking back, that was incredibly dumb. Dozens of people (including me) got it. Anyone on here remember the infamous "Boxed Swine" party of 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

We clearly have more cases in the Triangle that just havenít been tested? Identified? Whatever the case may be. The person who visited the nursing home in Seattle had also just been out having dinner in Cameron Village among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    We clearly have more cases in the Triangle that just havenít been tested? Identified? Whatever the case may be. The person who visited the nursing home in Seattle had also just been out having dinner in Cameron Village among other things.
    Well of course you do.

Covid math is both fascinating and frightening. For every death, it's reasonable (based on overseas data) to assume that there are 800 cases out there. That means we have 30x more ppl out there in the US with the virus vs confirmed cases.

NoVa school districts starting to test tele-teaching. My kids get a Corona day from school next friday.

So what they are telling us is that only these fuckers who never have left their house are basically going to emerge from the pandemic and take over the world?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Yep. Heaven for introverts.