• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Baptist hospital is implementing travel rules for employees until the end of month. Sounds like they are trying to leave some wiggle room for spring break. Or they are hoping for a slowdown in growth as the weather warms up.

Employees who travel to certain spots will be subject to a 14 day quarantine upon return. No clue if that is paid leave, sick time, work from home, etc...

WS/FCS told us today to have ten days of online lesson plans prepared by next Friday. Of course, they want it done a specific cookie cutter way and four different people told us four different ways we are to prepare them. Typical.
Interesting. I'm in WSFCS too, but we were told to have 3 lessons that were strictly review-type ready by next Friday.

I'm glad you shared what you've heard. We were also told lessons had to be review. I get we're navigating through unchartered territory, but it would be nice if we were all being told the same thing. I'm definitely not surprised, though. I also don't think we're going to make it to next Friday, especially now with basketball tournaments banning fans and colleges around us already going online.

No announcement yet for us in our system. We’re crazy rural and about a quarter of our kids don’t have internet access at home, so I’m wondering how we will handle that.

In the last 24 hours, I've received COVID related messages from:

• Target
  • Lyft
  • Amtrak
  • DC Metro (haven't lived in DC for four years)
  • Budget Rent-a-car
  • Southwest Airlines

I just got a message from advance auto parts about the corona virus...

I am curious as to why Gobert was tested. He said he felt good and was planning to play tonight. Has that been reported?

It feels like this is spiraling out of control real quick

I am curious as to why Gobert was tested. He said he felt good and was planning to play tonight. Has that been reported?

He was listed out with “illness.”

I heard that the Chinese basketball league is calling back US players to finish their season.

That’s a diplomatic nightmare.

It feels like this is spiraling out of control real quick

3s8rzx.jpg

I mean college kids are just going to party harder without classes and still get it. Hell, we had a boxed wine party during the Swine Flu outbreak at Wake. Looking back, that was incredibly dumb. Dozens of people (including me) got it. Anyone on here remember the infamous "Boxed Swine" party of 2009?

I got swine flu in 2010 or 11 and it fucking sucked.

The Geico high five commercial is hilariously mis-timed

Back