Page 13 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    Don't know if this was posted on this thread or the other, but this is a must-read for anyone who hasn't read it. I've cancelled every league/social event I'm a part of. Even if it doesn't end up hurting me, helping it spread only sentences that many more people over the age of 60 to death.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...al-bed/607807/
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    I mean college kids are just going to party harder without classes and still get it. Hell, we had a boxed wine party during the Swine Flu outbreak at Wake. Looking back, that was incredibly dumb. Dozens of people (including me) got it. Anyone on here remember the infamous "Boxed Swine" party of 2009?
    I got swine flu in 2010 or 11 and it fucking sucked.

The Geico high five commercial is hilariously mis-timed

Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    I got swine flu in 2010 or 11 and it fucking sucked.
    My sister got it twice as a freshman at the Coast Guard Academy. The CDC came out to interview her bc youíre only supposed to get it once.

THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    This is the best article I've read on the virus and the math I've found yet

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

So living in Europe is pretty great right now....

In all seriousness, Portugal has not been hit as hard as many other western European countries. Still no deaths, and less than 100 cases. There was a run on meats at the super markets yesterday, but that seems to be the only panic. Museums are closed, soccer matches are being played without fans, schools still open. Not much else to report.

Is it possible that Rico's goth curing powers could be the solution to this whole mess?

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabs Turds Bare View Post
    Is it possible that Rico's goth curing powers could be the solution to this whole mess?
    Touching people is part of the problem. The goth girl was ahead of her time with her arms crossed in the corner avoiding contact.

Punishingly Intricate
    Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    I was in Raleigh for a wedding the weekend they announced there was a Wake County case. I had a slight cold that week that lasted like 3-4 days. Maybe I already caught it and beat it
    are we the same person? exact same thing happened. was at Cameron Village the day after the person got it ate dinner there too.

Correction, all of Continental Europe has been categorized a level 3 by the State Dept. Maybe this goes on the political thread, but UK and Ireland both have Trump golf courses and they have no travel restrictions, but Portugal who has less cases than both is restricted?

Woke up this morning to find out our nova county cancelled school through 3/20

Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    I was in Raleigh for a wedding the weekend they announced there was a Wake County case. I had a slight cold that week that lasted like 3-4 days. Maybe I already caught it and beat it
    The week before last a friend of mine got super sick with chills, fever, etc, for about five days. Missed a couple days of work. I helped her out a bit, and we actually considered that maybe she had caught it. (This was right around the time of those first two cases were announced in NC)
    A few days later, I started having a low fever and bad congestion that lasted about four to five days. Never got chills but did get bad fatigue.
    Only caveat on the fatigue is, this all overlapped with my Dad passing away. (Definitely NOT corona-related)
    Sick and mourning is a seriously shitty time.
    Last edited by shogun6066; 03-12-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Tom Hanks has Coronavirus.
    Seriously?

Not sure if we have any providers on here or not, but if so, my company will be providing Telehealth software to any practice in the country free of charge starting on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    excuse me no politics on this thread just general gripes about how a virus affects charlotte mecklenburg schools
    the closing is coming, i feel it. I just got an email reminding us that the IB students' projects are still due, which makes me think they know something I don't.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Yeah, they're riminding the HS kids about some app.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Yeah I donít think very many people truly expected it to get to this point.
    That underscores just how ignorant humans are.
    Brand new disease and no one on earth has immunity in any capacity yet people have been joking about for months.
    Sure memes, internet celebrities, and idiot politicians know more than scientists.

/shrugs

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun6066 View Post
    Seriously?
    The guy from Bosom Buddies ?

I disagree with you
    not Turner !