• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I got swine flu in 2010 or 11 and it fucking sucked.

My sister got it twice as a freshman at the Coast Guard Academy. The CDC came out to interview her bc you’re only supposed to get it once.

So living in Europe is pretty great right now....

In all seriousness, Portugal has not been hit as hard as many other western European countries. Still no deaths, and less than 100 cases. There was a run on meats at the super markets yesterday, but that seems to be the only panic. Museums are closed, soccer matches are being played without fans, schools still open. Not much else to report.

Is it possible that Rico's goth curing powers could be the solution to this whole mess?

I was in Raleigh for a wedding the weekend they announced there was a Wake County case. I had a slight cold that week that lasted like 3-4 days. Maybe I already caught it and beat it :D

are we the same person? exact same thing happened. was at Cameron Village the day after the person got it ate dinner there too.

Correction, all of Continental Europe has been categorized a level 3 by the State Dept. Maybe this goes on the political thread, but UK and Ireland both have Trump golf courses and they have no travel restrictions, but Portugal who has less cases than both is restricted?

Woke up this morning to find out our nova county cancelled school through 3/20

I was in Raleigh for a wedding the weekend they announced there was a Wake County case. I had a slight cold that week that lasted like 3-4 days. Maybe I already caught it and beat it :D
The week before last a friend of mine got super sick with chills, fever, etc, for about five days. Missed a couple days of work. I helped her out a bit, and we actually considered that maybe she had caught it. (This was right around the time of those first two cases were announced in NC)
A few days later, I started having a low fever and bad congestion that lasted about four to five days. Never got chills but did get bad fatigue.
Only caveat on the fatigue is, this all overlapped with my Dad passing away. (Definitely NOT corona-related)
Sick and mourning is a seriously shitty time. :(

Last edited:
Not sure if we have any providers on here or not, but if so, my company will be providing Telehealth software to any practice in the country free of charge starting on Monday.

excuse me no politics on this thread just general gripes about how a virus affects charlotte mecklenburg schools

the closing is coming, i feel it. I just got an email reminding us that the IB students' projects are still due, which makes me think they know something I don't.

Yeah, they're riminding the HS kids about some app.

Yeah I don’t think very many people truly expected it to get to this point.
That underscores just how ignorant humans are.
Brand new disease and no one on earth has immunity in any capacity yet people have been joking about for months.
Sure memes, internet celebrities, and idiot politicians know more than scientists.

/shrugs

Flew into Milan on Valentine's weekend, and when we landed, doctors were taking everyone's temperatures as they came through the jetway. This was like a week before the whole place went to shit. At the time I thought nothing of it, but after the fact when you saw the numbers coming out of Milan, I was sure the govt new something that the public didn't. I would say read the tea leaves.

Princess cruises suspended their entire fleet this morning.

Back