Page 14 of 287 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 5728

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    The guy from Bosom Buddies ?
    I just hadn't heard that he'd caught it.

  2. #262
    Flew into Milan on Valentine's weekend, and when we landed, doctors were taking everyone's temperatures as they came through the jetway. This was like a week before the whole place went to shit. At the time I thought nothing of it, but after the fact when you saw the numbers coming out of Milan, I was sure the govt new something that the public didn't. I would say read the tea leaves.

  3. #263
    Princess cruises suspended their entire fleet this morning.

  4. #264
    Some time around the 20th of February, near when we got that little bit of snow, I developed a not terrible sore throat, had a dry cough, and was doing the body temp fluctuation thing for three or so days, but mostly at night. I left work early one day, but it was the weekend, so I was back Monday. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if it had already worked its way through here with less intensity, we just didn't really know it. I don't know if that's possible at all. It could have just been a cold or some quicker viral thing. I was definitely sicker over Christmas for a couple of days, but this felt just a different kind of weird.
    Runs with deer.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Princess cruises suspended their entire fleet this morning.
    The cruise lines really should have been dry docked first thing.
    They're notorious for diseases that have vaccines spreading anyway. Now there's a brand new one which no one anywhere has immune defenses against? Let em sail around!!

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Some time around the 20th of February, near when we got that little bit of snow, I developed a not terrible sore throat, had a dry cough, and was doing the body temp fluctuation thing for three or so days, but mostly at night. I left work early one day, but it was the weekend, so I was back Monday. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if it had already worked its way through here with less intensity, we just didn't really know it. I don't know if that's possible at all. It could have just been a cold or some quicker viral thing. I was definitely sicker over Christmas for a couple of days, but this felt just a different kind of weird.
    Sounds great but I think that's wishful thinking.

  7. #267
    I'm trying to be optimistic for a change!
    Runs with deer.

  8. #268
    Work just announced optional telework starting Monday for the next three weeks. I'm betting a lot of people (including me) will say fuck it and start tomorrow.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun6066 View Post
    That underscores just how ignorant humans are.
    Brand new disease and no one on earth has immunity in any capacity yet people have been joking about for months.
    Sure memes, internet celebrities, and idiot politicians know more than scientists.

    /shrugs
    This isn't isolated to just COVID. The fact that "elite" is used as an insult speaks volumes about the rejection of expertise that directly results in an increase in preventable disruptions we now constantly face.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    This isn't isolated to just COVID. The fact that "elite" is used as an insult speaks volumes about the rejection of expertise that directly results in an increase in preventable disruptions we now constantly face.
    Yep. It is absolutely not a joke to state we have been getting dumber at a constant rate since the end of the 1960s, 1980s at the latest.
    The willful chosen preference for rejecting education and learning is not just confined to the West. It's global. That being said...
    The irony that more and more of the globe is needing higher education for social economic advancement coinciding with this increasing rejection/downplaying of expertise/knowledge is outstanding.
    It's going to have to come to a head if Humanity is to survive as a civilization.
    Perhaps The Great Filter approaches.
    Last edited by shogun6066; 03-12-2020 at 11:13 AM.

  11. #271
    Empty plane from RDU to OíHare

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    Empty plane from RDU to OíHare
    My favorite "The Acadamy Is..." song.

  13. #273
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    Empty plane from RDU to OíHare
    aw, we count you as a person, buddy.

  14. #274
    College tournaments getting cancelled. The big tournament ain't happening now - just a matter of time. Have to think the NHL is next, with some kind of shortened MLB season on the way as well.

  15. #275
    Scott "Rufio" Feather Junebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Open to suggestions
    Posts
    5,456
    When do all passenger flights get grounded? And why hasnít that happened already?

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    I was sure the govt new something that the public didn't. I would say read the tea leaves.
    I would say that this is definitely true, despite the public face put on by the trump administration. Plan accordingly.

  17. #277
    there's gonna be a period of real inconvenience, so let's just do it now and get it over with

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    I made the mistake of clicking on the Tunnels Coronavirus thread, in which every other post seems to be about Trump. All politics aside, is this thing as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be? It seems like a more contagious, slightly more powerful, but shorter, version of pneumonia. I'm not sure where that ranks on things to be worried about unless you are over 75 or so or have preexisting respiratory problems. That said, if it is more serious than that then we should definitely take it seriously - but it is difficult to know how much of what the media reports is actually concerning. This gives the smell of their typical pending milkwich snowstorm school closings that ends up being 45 degrees and sunny.
    This aged poorly.

  19. #279
    Sick "gotcha" brah.

  20. #280

    Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

    To be clear, like most 2&2 posts, it was a poor take when he posted it as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •