• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Yeah I suppose that would be one factor to consider but it seems at most beaches kids are entertained enough doing dumb shit on the beach. No need to go see a shrunken head at Ripley’s believe it or not before scarfing down some fresh seafood ruined by battering and frying it

Yeah I suppose that would be one factor to consider but it seems at most beaches kids are entertained enough doing dumb shit on the beach. No need to go see a shrunken head at Ripley’s believe it or not before scarfing down some fresh seafood ruined by battering and frying it

Calabash style fried seafood is epic, you bite your tongue, friendo.

Do you have kids? Kids love stupid shit. There’s an abundance of stupid shit in Myrtle Beach.

Correct. Same reason I took them on cruises, which are basically a floating Myrtle Beach. It will be a long time before we return to either.

Shut your fucking whore mouth about fried seafood.

Sea Captain’s House used to be good but the last couple times I went I was underwhelmed. It also promises to be packed with nary a mask in sight

Old man shakes fist at sky

Aspen Grille just got bought by new owners but it was one of the best restaurants in the area IMO. Worth trying

Aspen Grille just got bought by new owners but it was one of the best restaurants in the area IMO. Worth trying

Dang, I forgot about them. That’s in the strip mall in front of my friends’ house. Pretty good place.

I did not like the Parson’s Table.

My love of shoving giant meat into my mouth is gonna kill me. Hops shutting down temporarily due to two of the staff testing positive. They are gonna test all the employees. I indulged in a Diablo Burger on Monday. At this point, shit was so cash money that it was worth it. God damn, that jalapeno bacon is so damn good. If I'm dead in two weeks, then it's a toss up.

Boundary House in Calabash in our go-to. Villa Tuscanna for Italian.

There's a small place in Calabash that only has outdoor seating. It's pretty great.

Casual, obviously.

I too have never returned to Myrtle since beach week/post exams. The same was true for the mountain version of Gaitlinburg until last year when my wife’s cousin got married around there. It was everything I expected/remembered it to be and can’t seem Myrtle being any different.

I have been to Myrtle Beach 9 total times in my life: 3 HS spring breaks, 4 post-exams, and 2 bachelor parties. I haven't been since 2003. I have been blessed with enough wealth, taste, and common sense that I expect I will never have to set foot in Horry County ever again. There are like 50 good beach towns north and south of that hellhole.

But I am happy it attracts the 2&2's of the world. It keeps those folks from fucking up my beach.

My wife's new co-worker reported feeling ill on Monday, could not find anywhere to get a test until Wednesday, won't get test results for 5-7 days. This is not a system designed to minimize the spread of the disease.

Back